The Teams - MELBOURNE v ESSENDON MCG , 7:50pm AEDT Friday, April 5, 2019

Can you please clarify for me? Did we bring in someone who was involved with melbourne at the time, or investigated melbourne and found them to have not tanked? Or something else?

This club is ■■■■■■. That is all.

1 Like

Well Sean Wellman was assistant coach. Could argue he was forced but coaching department admitted to deliberately losing

1 Like

We are playing on a larger ground and have not brought in any extra pace.

2 Likes

Wellman was an assistant coach at the time when they tanked

1 Like

The AFL also has paid the fine for them.

1 Like

Thanks. I’m not that good at footy history

Cheers, was over my head

And I think as part of the equalization fund fines collected get spread amongst the poorer clubs so they may have got some of it back

Wellman dealt a seriously crap hand 2 times in a row. Got lumbered with a corrupt administration at Melbourne ordering him to do a bad job, and then the dud deal that was the saga, not surprised he walked away from coaching, more surprised he wanted in on the board.

1 Like

Article says wellman was one of the guys who dropped them in it.

The AFL MGT are a joke, what Melbourne did was deliberately loose games which is friggin match fixing.

2 Likes

I’m sure Vlad had no issues telling his betting syndicate & any other of his slimy mates that he was going to make EFC miss finals when we were top few on the ladder

8 Likes

As did Collingwood and Hawthorn. Yet the AFL didn’t want to penalise clubs doing well after tanking. Melbourne were an easy target.

2 Likes

Gold…

My wife loved it too.

The difference was no one from those clubs admitted it on TV, leaving the AFL no choice. Had Brock McLean kept his mouth shut Melbourne investigation never would have happened.

2 Likes

Who needs pace when you can control the footy. We need to get our uncontested running footy going.

Saad
Tippa
McKenna
Fantasia

We have some toe. We just need these guys to get their hands on the ball.

I would have loved for Mozzie to get a run.
Or even dropped brown and played Langford as a forward.

Don’t worry If Clarke spuds :potato: it up i will be complaining about it in the match thread.

Woohoo, I for one applaud keeping in all the guys continually letting us down, can’t wait ti see Belly plodding around after Gawn, Clarke for two 5 min spurts a half then nothing, more feined tackles forward and mid seeing as we’re reinfocing that is fine… oh and double applaud not bringing back that Ridley fellow too.

Thank goodness May is out though, would have feasted on our curent game style even more than he did for GC last year

3 Likes

Wellman made Frawley a All Australian which gifted the dees a decent first round pick.
3. When he left to hawks
Which they got Angus Bradshaw with.

And Clarko greatest coach since sliced bread hasnt got him playing as good as wellman did.

Dees did well out of wellman.

Take out the parts we don’t need.