The Teams Melbourne v Essendon

Quoted Post

Just read another report claiming that only 17 of our remaing 2012 listed players are facing infraction notices, I'm sure 18 was the number being bandied around by the media, but if it is 17, I suppose Fletch might be the other one without one.

I’m quite happy for the details of this to be a bit vague.

Yeah I don’t know why we’re doing this.

18 has never been confirmed has it? Different publications go with different figures, I’ve seen everything format least 15 to 20

Isn’t it out in the public forum anyway? I thought Mark Robinson published the names in the HS last year.

Quoted Post

Isn't it out in the public forum anyway? I thought Mark Robinson published the names in the HS last year.

He named 12 players

Mark Baguley is extremely talented if you go by the information on his Wikipedia page.

I mean it clearly states that he was drafted in 2012 Rookie draft but that he also debuted in Round 16 2012 after being promoted to the Senior list.

It’s how they name drafts. 2011 National Draft, 2012 Rookie Draft, 2012 Preseason Draft all happened in 2011.

Quoted Post

Mark Baguley is extremely talented if you go by the information on his Wikipedia page.

I mean it clearly states that he was drafted in 2012 Rookie draft but that he also debuted in Round 16 2012 after being promoted to the Senior list.

It’s probably correct though (or was correct at the time)
Before they changed it (which has happened in the last 4 or 5 years, can’t pinpoint the exact date), it used to be the 2012 rookie draft (and pre-season) would be the rookie draft held soon after the 2011 national draft.
Confusing as anything.

So Bags was drafted in the 2012 rookie draft, played a couple in 2012, and was then upgraded in the 2012 national draft…

they have probably gone back and re-written history now, otherwise there would be 2 x 2012 rookie drafts, one in 2011 & one in 2012.

Quoted Post

Just read another report claiming that only 17 of our remaing 2012 listed players are facing infraction notices, I'm sure 18 was the number being bandied around by the media, but if it is 17, I suppose Fletch might be the other one without one.

For a fair while now the Age have been saying 17 and the Hun have been saying 18.

Quoted Post

B Mark Baguley Mitch Brown Lachlan Dalgleish
HB Jason Ashby Josh Freezer Marty Gleeson
C Zach Merrett Brendon Goodard Jackson Merrett,
HF Kyle Langford Patrick Ambrose Jayden Laverde
F Paul Chapman, Joe Daniher Jared Petrenko
R Jon Giles David Zaharakis Adam Cooney
Int Nick O’Brien, Shaun Edwards Elliott Kavanagh, Will Hams, James Gwilt, Shaun McKernan, Orazio Fantasia, Marcus MariglianiClinton Jones.

Baguley is back which is good. Hams and laverde first games of 2015.

I will be disappointed if this team doesn’t get within 30 points of Melbourne to be honest. Now has 16-17 guys that are either best 22 or pushing for best 22.

Not that score is everything but I will be keen to see the team start to Gel a little bit more, especially the work around the ruck with Zerrett, Jerrett, Cooney, Zaka and Goddard learning to work off Giles and watching Ambrose and Daniher work in the F50 together with Chappy at their feet. Should start to see some small signs of teamwork hopefully.

Also I would expect a pretty big effort to see how well we can play, just in case we get bans at the tribunal as this looks just about like our best 22 bar 2012 players… maybe include Winders/Fletch… so they need to prepare in case.

lol… no chance.

We have 1 bloke playing from our starting midfield, and 1 bloke from our starting defensive 6 (imo). Prepare to again be killed at clearances, and giving away a lot of height in the backline.

Having stated that, we have a strong front 6, but they have to get the ball somehow?

I’m expecting more of the same. Some really encouraging cameo’s, but not really able to put any sort of scoreboard pressure on them. And I still think we will see lots of turnovers from guys just being that second slow simply because they aren’t completely familiar with their team-mates.

So the following will go into 2015 without a hit-out:

Pears Hooker Fletcher
Dempsey Steinberg Hibberd
Stanton Myers Heppell
Melksham Hurley Browne
Colyer Carlisle * Kommer
Bellchambers Hocking Watson

• not on 2012 list

Quoted Post

So the following will go into 2015 without a hit-out:

Pears Hooker Fletcher
Dempsey Steinberg Hibberd
Stanton Myers Heppell
Melksham Hurley Browne
Colyer Carlisle * Kommer
Bellchambers Hocking Watson

• not on 2012 list

Injured

Melbourne will thump us.

MELB 6.5.41

ESS 2.4.16

lets get the annual melbourne loss out of the way in the NAB cup

i feel that defense is very undermanned.

Quoted Post

Melbourne will thump us.

MELB 6.5.41

ESS 2.4.16

No SUPERGOALS?

Quoted Post

Quoted Post
Melbourne will thump us.

MELB 6.5.41

ESS 2.4.16

No SUPERGOALS?

I refuse to acknowledge their existence.

But even up I did… No.

I’m a lid off kinda guy but we’re not winning a damn thing with 18 players missing. It doesn’t even matter how they “gel” - they’re never going to play together again. Just hoping for some decent individual performances and some pride in the guernsey.

Having said all that I’ll be maing some noise at the 28 minute mark of the last quarter if we’re a coupla points down …

I’ll be making some noise whatever the score is.