The Teams Melbourne v Essendon

According to the Club website Gwilt is tired of the Melbourne players already.

Not fazed by a win, draw or loss in the NAB challenge. Having no cup has made it more pointless than ever - in regards to the scoreboard.

Valuable game time for the kids, would be better if they had the opportunity to have more class around them (to guide them) but still it’s better than not playing in the AFL standard comp.

They now know what is required more than ever and just why the senior players bring so much to the table week in and week out. Hopefully a few have gotten a bit out of this and can refine their skills in the VFL this year or push for selection this year.

Go bombers.

HAMS

The main season is very long so having top 22 players skip the NAB will ironically work in our favour.

Quoted Post

Quoted Post
Quoted Post

B Mark Baguley Mitch Brown Lachlan Dalgleish
HB Jason Ashby Josh Freezer Marty Gleeson
C Zach Merrett Brendon Goodard Jackson Merrett,
HF Kyle Langford Patrick Ambrose Jayden Laverde
F Paul Chapman, Joe Daniher Jared Petrenko
R Jon Giles David Zaharakis Adam Cooney
Int Nick O’Brien, Shaun Edwards Elliott Kavanagh, Will Hams, James Gwilt, Shaun McKernan, Orazio Fantasia, Marcus MariglianiClinton Jones.

I will be disappointed if this team doesn’t get within 30 points of Melbourne to be honest. Now has 16-17 guys that are either best 22 or pushing for best 22.

Yeah nah, all the below are clear best 22.

Watson
Stanton
Heppell
Hooker
Fletcher
Dempsey
Hibberd
Myers
Hurley
Colyer
Carlisle
Bellchambers
Hocking
Winderlich

Of those playing only Goddard, Cooney, Baugley, Z Merrett, Chapman, Zaha, Daniher and Giles are best 22.

I realise that everyone thinks they can predict our best 22 before the season starts, but things change from year to year. Hence why I said “pushing” best 22. Widely recognised that guys like J Merrett, Giles, Hams, Nobby, Hams, Kav, Edwards, Gwilt, Ashby, Gleeson and more are right on the cusp (or should be) of selection.

TBH picking our likely best 22 for Round 18 this year is a hard task, such is the depth we have created in the list. Injury will play a part and it will be interesting to see if players like Colyer can maintain his 2014 break out form… you would think that time catches up with Winderlich, Chappy and Fletcher at some point, Dempsey will need to work hard to maintain his spot with the likes of Gleeson, Hams, Gwilt and Ashby looking for spots. Hocking will need to stay fit and regain best form to keep Edwards, J Merrett, Fantasia at bay…

Each to their own but right now our list profile suggests that competition for spots will be tight and this weeks game is the last chance many of these guys will get to push their claim for a position come Round 1.

is nab scan in for members?

Yes. Scan in for GA.

Quoted Post

Mark Baguley is extremely talented if you go by the information on his Wikipedia page.

I mean it clearly states that he was drafted in 2012 Rookie draft but that he also debuted in Round 16 2012 after being promoted to the Senior list.

Wouldn’t that imply he was on the rookie list, was promoted during the season, played his first game in rd 16, and was then drafted to the actual list at the end of 2012 ?

With our senior players not having a run before R1, a few kids will be playing. Gleeson, Merret and Ashby would close to starting R1.

We will win.

Dees hate etihad.

50 points again

FARKIN SMASH EM

ROOSEY LEADINGSY DEESY TOSY ASY CRUISEY WINSY

Anyone know why angus brayshaw is yet to play a AFL NAB preseason game and not named this week either

Quoted Post

Anyone know why angus brayshaw is yet to play a AFL NAB preseason game and not named this week either

Cos he looks like Joffrey from Game of Thrones.

I’m putting $10 on a sneaky Essendon win.

Fark Carlton and screw the Dees.

Do you reckon the the top up players will continue to train with us up until the 31st just in case?

Quoted Post

Forcibly retired?

Hurt his jaw at a intraclub match a few weeks ago I’m pretty sure

Quoted Post

Quoted Post
Quoted Post
Quoted Post
Baguley getting a run I see....

Would’ve been a first year (rookie listed) player in 2012 - like Dalgleish (and NOB/Kav! on the main list)

In a non ■■■■■■■■ way, what’s your point? I’d imagine he would have still participated and been infracted?

Nah the first years weren’t part of it.
Hence only 34 rather than 40-42 or however many were on the total list.

Remember when Kav/ o’Brien put their hands up last week and said “we want to play, we think our careers are more important than the anonymity at this point”?
Came out then that 2012’s first years weren’t part of it and hence not facing an infraction.

I must be not concentrating. I thought they were infracted and decided to waive their ability to have Sept 14 - Feb 15 counted as part of any potential backdating.

Yours is less controversial/severe and thus makes more sense.