The Tennis thread

Nick needs to hire that ref as his permanent coach/hype guy

1 Like

@Diggers is in the Pixels movie!

This is over 5x sets. Kyrgios is great over 2x.

More information required.

Thereā€™s a fella in it who wants a date with Serena Williams as part of his reward for helping the US government.
Ohā€¦and he;s a midget!
And he wanted Martha Stewart on that date too

Now I remember.

Heā€™s my kind of guy.

1 Like

Kyrgios is a different level of elite talent than monfils or tsonga.
Kyrgios has no coach, no viable game plan, isnā€™t fully physically fit and canā€™t concentrate for an entire match, yet he has beaten almost everyone. His raw talent looks to be as good as weā€™ve ever seen, except for roger who is not from this planet. I agree with diggers that fed would be tough to beat in 5, so nick will have to get him in 4.
Nick was watching his GF (Tomljanovich) last night and she played a sensational match. Fought really well and played the pressure points brilliantly (but lost in a 3rd set TB). Her level of commitment hopefully will rub off on nick.

1 Like

Kyrgios has more talent than Tsonga and certainly more than Monfils, but probably less committed to them and easier to break mentally if something annoys him. If Krygios loses the first set you can guarantee heā€™ll tank one of the next two, and heā€™ll do it to get back at the crowd but in reality heā€™s only hurting himself. Most sports are in the head, you rarely see a winner with poor mental game.

I donā€™t think you can guarantee anything with Kyrgios. Itā€™s completely random. In his last match he lost the 1st set and then didnā€™t take one of the next 2.

He was tanking the second set 3-0 down until the chair umpire gave him a crazy pep-up and let him call a trainer.

Tanking half a setā€¦pfftā€¦thatā€™s him trying hard :smile:

I think if you look at the records of both Monfils and Tsonga, theyā€™ve beaten everyone that Kyrgios has.

Crazy bomber was spot on

1 Like

Well there you go. Kyrgios gives Federer a run for his money for the first set, but Federer toughs it out and wins it. End of contest.

Heā€™ll never change.

What had Gasquet done to his headā€¦

Well done to Millman and Barty for making the 4th round. Millman unfortunately runs into the Fed Express next but hopefully he puts up a better fight than Nick.
Barty looks to have a very winnable match up next before running into Serena in the quarters

1 Like

Good on Millman for making 4th round, he deserves it plus the big pay cheque, fionally getting reward at the tail end of his carer for effort. Letā€™s hope De Minuar can get past Cillic.

Love De Minaur, down 2-0 early, but chases everything and just head down every ball with some determination, now back at 2-3 on serve.

1 Like

de Minaur takes the first set 6-4 against Cilic

Djokovic up 2 sets against Gasquet