The Tennis thread

No ones biting BD.

Perhaps you needed to comment on Serena winning the most DQs or the most point and game deductions for misconduct

But the issue is the call of ā€˜coachingā€™ in the first place. There is no Hawkeye for ā€˜coachingā€™ breaches. Itā€™s an opinion of the chair umpire. Heā€™s guessing when making that call and to go there can have a major impact on the outcome of the game.

They all do it. Why pick that moment to call it?

Which adds to the confusion. Coaching is allowed and encouraged at Davis Cup events also.

Iā€™m a white male with no kids - who am I to speak.

2 Likes

because it was at a vital point in the game and the coaching was obvious as fk.

Is suggest that at these vital stages that umps probably give a few more glances at the team box to try and spot this type of behaviour.

I have a daughter, so Iā€™m all good to talk about this.

6 Likes

Iā€™m suggesting that the chair maggots should stay the fark out of it. This ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  makes R Chamberlain seem reserved.

1 Like

Youā€™re speaking to some of us tax paying never nesters Doe. Perhaps something in gif form would be more effective?

Itā€™s not an opinion from the umpire its clear eye contact and hand gestures. Clearly visible.

ā€œCommunications of any kind, audible or visible, between a player and a coach may be construed as coaching.ā€

Simlple:

If Serena moved on faster than this thread did then she wouldnā€™t have been deducted points.
All she had to do was accept the warning, suck it up and move on. Not go on to cause a scene.

screedbot

1 Like

whether you agree with it or not, its the rules

1 Like

On short notice that will do nicely. But you still have no kids.

A clear rule that gets enforced when a chair maggot takes it upon themselves to intervene in the match.

Enforce it every time every match or fark it off.

diggers hate for umps and serena fetish is the perfect storm for obscured objectivity

4 Likes

Sounds like any sporting code rules

After looking around a bit I have found they do it far more often than you are giving them credit for.

Serenaā€™s coach was busted for cheating the rules. If you are angry , be angry at him for doing it and putting his star in that position.

At the end of the day though Serena is the reason it ended up bad. If she had shut her mouth instead of carrying on like a pork chop nothing would have come of it.

The actual penalty of the game was not because of the coaching, it was because she smashed her racket and had a point taken of her and called the ump some names.

What would be the reaction if this happened to Kyrgios?

I bet there would be not one smidgen of sympathy from anyone; and rightly so.

3 Likes

It wasnā€™t enforced mate.

It was a WARNING.

Nothing happened, no fine, no penalty just a WARNING.

the penalties came at the reaction.

Please move on

4 Likes

Does he have a daughter?

Probably many children in many different ports Iā€™d suspect