The Tennis thread

That's fair.

Hewitt wins and is now into the last 16.

Fed is down 2 sets to Tommy Robredo. Geez.

Era now over.

He'd never previously lost to T Robredo.

Yep.

:frowning:

I can’t remember the last time I’ve seen him play that bad.

I hope I’m wrong, but I think he’s done.

Era now over.

He'd never previously lost to T Robredo.

Yesterdays hero now Digs.

I’m glad I’ve decided to go to the first week of Aus Open next year. He might not make it to the weekend!

He played well the other 2 games. So inconsistent this year.

Time for me to get those Zoom Vapor shoes, I'd say Fed won't be around for much longer

I’ll have no reason to buy Nike ever again once he’s done.

He insists he will continue until Brazil 2016.

I reckon he should hang in there too. Borg guttoed out at 26 when McEnroe got the better of him and it looked like Lendl and Wilander were about to do the same and although his record stands the test of time, his ability to adjust and fight through is in question. Agassi competed hard until around 34. Hewitt is still figuring.

Federer's diminishing ability isn't as much a problem as our ability to accept he's no longer unbeatable.

Absolutely Diggers. He needs only look across the net at the guy that just beat him to see the value of hanging in there.

Federer has another slam left in him.

In the meantime, get around Hewitt.

He would have to be happy with Youzhny, a 5-1 career record bodes well.

Wish the US Open was on free to air.

Would love to see Hewitt tearing it up!

I reckon he should hang in there too. Borg guttoed out at 26 when McEnroe got the better of him and it looked like Lendl and Wilander were about to do the same and although his record stands the test of time, his ability to adjust and fight through is in question. Agassi competed hard until around 34. Hewitt is still figuring.

Federer's diminishing ability isn't as much a problem as our ability to accept he's no longer unbeatable.

Absolutely should continue. One of the all time greats.

Absolutely should continue. One of the all time greats.

Wally Masur made an interesting observation this morning. He said that this loss has really stung Federer and he has admitted that his training needs changing and improvement. He hasn't been quite the same player since the birth of his children and perhaps, naturally, he isn't spending as much time working on his game/strategies as he used to.

Prior to the last 24 months to beat R Federer his opponent had to pretty much play the best game of his career. Over the last two years Federer's losses have been due largely to his high number of errors. The Robredo match being a good example although the Spaniard played a bold game and took his chances. The loss at Wimbledon also followed a similar path.

I think Federer tries to shut points down too quickly these days which results in a high error count. He still has a ripping serve and his fitness I believe isn't diminishing too greatly so he should be able to take his time setting points up rather than going hard for the lines.

I'm glad I've decided to go to the first week of Aus Open next year. He might not make it to the weekend!

Mrs diggers and I are going to stalk him at the Brisbane International.

He should give it up now and save himself the embarrassment. Robredo? Jesus.

Shut yer neck, high pants.

I'm glad I've decided to go to the first week of Aus Open next year. He might not make it to the weekend!

Mrs diggers and I are going to stalk him at the Brisbane International.

I hate you! I so want to go!!!