The Tennis thread

They did. Media also portray the game sexually, Kournikova, Cibulkova, Kirilenko.
Media portray the game to create interest/ intrigue Maurezmo, Dokic, Hingis.
They also stick with the top players for bread and butter popularity and appeal Williams, Graf, Kerber.
Whatever sells a story. Headlines grab attention.

Agree 100%.

Maybe Sam was using diversion tactics like Tomic was accussed of.

gtfo stan

raonic next pls

1 Like

Slater Stan Rawanka!

Can I ask that you refrain from bringing the delightful Gabriela into this discussion?

I LOVED watching her play, she was my favourite.

Also, WTF does who she married have to do with anything? If we want to discuss her life after tennis, she was a successful business woman and does an enormous amount of work for charity to help those who are disadvantaged.

2 Likes

The Bencic and Pulintseva story is a beat up of the highest order. Both players were well behaved, though it was a partisan crowd supporting for Bencic. The picture of Pulintseva twirling her finger was aimed at her coach and had nothing to do with the crowd. Though IT will tell me the article is 100% correct.

Popyrin a chance for a huge upset?

Last time a WC beat a top ten seed?

1 Like

That’s a mighty big headband.

1 Like

Thiem retires being 2 sets and a break down!

2 Likes

Was he carrying an injury throughout?

The trainer attended him halfway through the 2nd but they didn’t seem sure what for. The commentators were saying fatigue (he played a 5 setter first round) but surely you can’t get a trainer for that

2 Likes

Bolt down 1 set to two, but up a break in the 4th, a fair shot to make it a 5 setter against Simon.

1 Like

If Popyrin and De Minaur keep winning people will forget about Tomic and Kyrgios pretty quick.

So far Popyrin doesn’t seem like a ■■■■■■■■ so that’s a big positive

1 Like

Seemed to lose some interest.

1 Like

It’s on serve

1 Like

Match involving Gils Simon potentially going 5 sets? Well I never…

Still disappointed my man STAN and that cannon of a backhand is out.

1 Like

players with all power deserve to be knocked out week 1.

fair grunt sesh.

tempted to watch whats on SD.