The Tennis thread

3 all 2nd.

C’mon Ash.

Barty gets it to love 30 on Goerges serve, but Georges hits some powerful groundstroke winners to hold on.
6:3 3:4

Barty tested at 30:30 produces a nice whip forehand winner then at deuce smacks an ace and forces a forehand stretch error to get the hold.
6:3 4: 4

Goerges holds on to serve with some strong winners after 2 double faults and having a break point against her.
6:3 4:5

Barty with a strong response to early pressure with a brilliant cross court passing winner and a number of huge serves holds on.
6:3 5:5

Aghhhh, … c’mon, just hold this one.

Better, …

And a great serve…

Bugger.

But another ACE!! Deuce

Advantage, …

…and Deuce

Ace! Ad

And GAME!

1 Like

Once again another tight game on Goerges serve.
Barty breaks and will serve for match AND #1
6:3 6:5
Goerges seems to have had a problem with her hand/blister/grip during the 6th game of the match.

CMON BARTY CMON BARTY
Big first serve ACE 15;0
Solid second serve, return out 30:0
Great 3rd serve and offhand winner deep in the corner 40:0

Breaks her!!

1 more game for the number 1 slot.

1 Like

AND BARTY DOES IT!!!
#1 #1

3 Likes

Good Girl.

Bang. Numero UNO!!

Great stuff.

3 Likes

lovely heartfelt speech from Georges to Barty

1 Like

Hearty Barty.

You ripper ash

I enjoyed that presentation, understated and sincere. A nice place to claim top spot.

Great stuff Ash

Barty has achieved her goals - Won a grand slam and world number one - It’s a matter of what she can add to the collection.

3 Likes

probably got it from lifting all them heavy trophies this month

4 Likes

She should retire now.

Not injured. Players often make double entries in case they have an early exit the previous week.

1 Like

LICKY LICKY LISICKI

In qualifiers

1 Like

kokkinakis still injured.
kyrgios still unable to focus on court, or commit off court.
If this continues, it will be the greatest lost talent since mozart died too young and Ana Ivanovic retired so I was forced to start watching tennis for the actual tennis.

1 Like

Sure Mozart was a relatively young 35 when he carked it but the complete box set clocks in at 180 CDs! And only a handful are great and most of those were early to mid career. Hardly a loss of potential. Churned out more crap near the end than Paul McCartney. Or should I say Lleyton Hewitt?

4 Likes