The Twit show Musk go on

Really feels like a Kodak moment for Twitter.
Someone’s going to come in with something slightly better and go boom.

Twitter exists only on inertia now. Moving to bluesky is just a pain. I’m in the process myself and if you’ve got any sort of follow list it takes aaages trying to find everyone you used to follow on Twitter, and most organisations (looking at you, EFC…) haven’t got a presence there yet.

Have to admit I’m slightly hopeful that the Musk misses his next interest payment on Twitter and the banks take it off him and put someone extremely boring in his place.

10 Likes

I get that. I do.
I’m just saying it’s giving dead in the water.

2 Likes

Here’s another one, free to a good home:
bsky-social-4suzs-fq5nd

Yep, went through all of that. I think there are a lot of USA people on there, also a lot of Aus politics people. After that it’s getting a bit thin on the ground. Very little AFL prescence at all, you would have thought that AFL, Ch7, EFC, etc. would have something. Maybe just waiting until it takes off - lack of video on the platform definitely hurts it.

More asbestos!
More asbestos!
More asbestos!

F9ANyNnaYAA_34A

1 Like

It’s almost like the EU is threatening a 6% of revenue fine

1 Like

Two from me too

bsky-social-wx3fc-7qhsp
bsky-social-eyikc-oa5tu

join usssssss…

3 Likes

Uhhhhh…pretty sure there needs to be comprehensive regulation of hate speech that causes violence from the small to the grand scale, which you’re comprehensively refusing to do.

Appreciate the solar farm, but eat a giant bag.

4 Likes

https://www.axios.com/2023/10/26/x-twitter-usage-statistics-elon-musk-owner

But the man is a genius.

1 Like

Anyone else getting relentless Twitter notifications? Seems like I’ve seen maybe 8 or 9 today, all just random tweets. None of them proper notifications such as likes/retweets/replies.

At first I clicked on them as they seemed interesting, now I’m ignoring them but the number appearing seems to be on the rise, maybe that’s linked?

Yeah, that’s been happening for a few weeks now.

Yep, I think that’s about right.
Feels like they’re getting desperate to push up the number of active users

Thread got bumped, so here’s a Bluesky code: bsky-social-mqgwp-xpuw2

1 Like

Yeah, this will work out well.

2 Likes

Does that mean @Riolio can finally get BomberBlitz?

3 Likes

Seems likely. Whoever had it before has left:

although it has been a while between posts:

1 Like

New Bluesky code available:
bsky-social-5fmjq-jjewi

Thanks @goon_squad, key used.

1 Like

X Races to Contain Damage After Elon Musk Endorses Antisemitic Post (NY Times Link)

IBM, a major advertiser on X, has pulled its spending from the social media platform, whose employees are grappling with what to tell its other advertisers, according to internal messages.