The Wrestling Thread

So Japanese death-matcher, Nick Aldis, Mickie James (?) and who is the fourth international guest?

…$65 + fee for general admission? Eek.

1 Like

■■■■ has officially hit the fan: Stephanie McMahon has resigned from all her positions in WWE effective immediately. Vince has been returned as Chairman.

So that is 3 board members that have quit since Vince returned. Despite the SEC filing it is hard to see Trips remaining as head of creative for too much longer

Vince is just the gift that keeps on giving for Tony Khan.

Vince you stupid stupid old man

3 Likes

lmao

Hopefully while she is gone, she can get somebody to teach her how to smile properly

I can’t stand her, so I think this is fantastic

Normally, I’d enjoy the f*ckery and circus Vince brings, but not since all the rape/sexual assault allegations against him.

Just go.

What a cluster f*ck

Looks like the list of potential buyers for WWE:

Disney / ESPN
Amazon
Discovery
Saudi’s

Even speculation of The Rock being interested

Twittersphere blowing up about the Saudis buying WWE

The rock has shed loads of money, but I don’t think even he has enough cash to buy them. Unless he is part of a consortium of buyers

My guess is it will be Disney or Amazon.

With WWE being in a state of upheaval, imo this is AEW’s last chance to really become a big deal and legitimate competition to them.

Sword on a pole match. Loser gets their head cut off

Absolutely wild if the Saudi stuff is true. If so, Vince basically nuked professional wrestling. Insane.

I’ll finally drop it completely if true.

jeez imagine being william regal today

or sami zayn

-edit- i’ve heard the word consortium in conversation maybe 3-4 times in the last 20 years, and each time in my head i’m screaming “wooo, the conthortium… was me!”

I hope Regal had a “if Vince returns” clause in his new contract!

And LOL at the “Together” line In Stephanie’s resignation text.

1 Like

Or all of the staff & talent who returned over the last 3 months because Vince was gone.

Remember some thought Stephanie’s absence last time was to provide her (semi-) plausible deniability when Vince blew up.

I’m going to the Royal Rumble at the end of the month and I’m hoping like hell all this business doesn’t effect things too much, could have waited another month at least Vince?

regal tomorrow:

1 Like

someone get iron sheik on the phone