The Wrestling Thread

Summerslam spoilers:

[spoiler]Fark that gutless crowd. Fark 'em with a Wilson. You should have booed that ending to death. Hopefully they do exactly that on RAW, and destroy Orton like they did Sheamus a year ago.

I don't give a crap about endless McMahon family politics. To borrow a phrase from the ASADA thread, they're inside the tent — AND they're ■■■■■■■ into it.

A very solid few hours of 'rassling, shat upon, for an ending leaked ages ago.

P.S. Fark 'em.[/spoiler]

Nice of Paige to dedicate her title win to Dusty*.

• oops
1 Like

LOL, the crowd reactions and bridge spot were near-identical a decade ago!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5N9zBRLjduE

Was this what you were looking for DJR?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LOF2DIxgxmc

They pipe the music in so loud at PPVs you can't always get a real crowd feel when the music is blaring. Here's a report from the "dirtsheet" I read fairly religiously about the crowd reaction [spoiler]Mike Epsenhart noted that after WWE had Randy Orton take the WWE Title from Daniel Bryan, the crowd was totally deflated. A minute earlier, there was a huge buzz in the building. Mike said that there was no buzz or chatter among people when they left the building. They were just kind of like WTF just happened.[/spoiler]

I used to know what this was all about, and now I just don't get it.

Who are these people, and what did they do with HBK?

1 Like

Am I the only one that think Stephanie McMahon is a massive babe?

Am I the only one that think Stephanie McMahon is a massive babe?

no lol very hawt

grew up watching piper , flair , cowboy bob orton  , hart foundation  ,  good old days   miss elisabeth mmmmmmmmmmm rip (

Who are these people, and what did they do with HBK?

HBK trained Daniel Bryan when he had his wrestling school after his first retirement in 98 I think. Dolph Ziggler is fairly similar in work-rate and style to a mid 90s HBK.

HBK himself was at SummerSlam looking like a mountain man, he's now living the classic redneck lifestyle - lots of guns, shooting assorted animals, possibly mounting some on his wall - he hosts some hunting show for one of the minor cable channels in the States, fairly certain he's had Austin & JR on there.

Thanks Dunnas.

Sexy Boy is still my bedroom entrance music.

Thanks Dunnas.
Sexy Boy is still my bedroom entrance music.

LOL.

I'm a Moon Safari fan, myself.

I hate Randy Orton so much. Not in a "you're the bad guy and I hope the good guy beats you" way. In a "I'm not watching Raw any more" way. Having Steph back on ALMOST makes up for it, but not quite enough. I'm on board with Corporation/Evolution Redux, but not with fkn Orton. Get Wade Barrett in there.

I hope Orton gets his third strike and just fks off into the sunset and we are never subject to his stupid slow-walking-menacing-look mugging face again.

I don't care how much anyone has the hots for Stephanie; she's been involved in two of the most stupid scenes of recent times, where she came out to belittle new champions in AJ and Bryan. This wasn't just getting heel heat and providing face heat. This was trashing your most valuable assets.

Corparate Champion about f'ing time

Summerslam spoilers:

[spoiler]Fark that gutless crowd. Fark 'em with a Wilson. You should have booed that ending to death. Hopefully they do exactly that on RAW, and destroy Orton like they did Sheamus a year ago.

I don't give a crap about endless McMahon family politics. To borrow a phrase from the ASADA thread, they're inside the tent — AND they're ■■■■■■■ into it.

A very solid few hours of 'rassling, shat upon, for an ending leaked ages ago.

P.S. Fark 'em.[/spoiler]

A reaction of silence is much more damaging that a reaction of boos.

I don't care how much anyone has the hots for Stephanie; she's been involved in two of the most stupid scenes of recent times, where she came out to belittle new champions in AJ and Bryan. This wasn't just getting heel heat and providing face heat. This was trashing your most valuable assets.

I agree that she is terrible when she talks. She just can't act or portray any kind of emotional, she is a promo killer. Hot though.

I agree that she is terrible when she talks. She just can't act or portray any kind of emotional, she is a promo killer. Hot though.

I don't think that is what he's getting at. The issue is unlike say Vince 10-15 years ago, there isn't any point to it, because they're not going to pummel Steph at any point down the line to get their heat back. So in the end it just trashes the talent whilst making Steph look strong which is just moronic.

Steph was more attractive before she got insecure about all the female wrestlers having breast implants and deciding she needed to upgrade hers to watermelon size.

Not sure whether anyone watches NXT or how readily available it is to download, but if you've got the time track down this week's episode for the superb 2 out of 3 Falls Match between Antonio Cesaro and Sami Zayn. The debut of their new Bulgarian talent Alexander Rusev (vs. Dolph Ziggler) is well worth watching too

Was anyone genuinely livid that RVD v Dean Ambrose was put on the pre show while Beth Phoenix and a Bella got on the main card?

Was anyone genuinely livid that RVD v Dean Ambrose was put on the pre show while Beth Phoenix and a Bella got on the main card?

I didn't watch the divas match since I take that time to either go to the toilet or have a smoke, but yes. RVD v Ambrose was a good match (ending included) and deserved a spot on the main card, but I understand that WWE are continuing to shove Total Divas down our throats during PPV's and during the weekly shows.

Australia's Matt Silva will debut on NXT soon as "Buddy Murphy"