The "You know society is stuffed when...." thread

I couldn’t care less about religious persecution these days. I’m far more confident in my own skin.

The problem is, no one is real.

It’s all about scoring points and winning and argument on the internets. Well, congratulations.

I don’t care about winning an argument. What’s more important is you think about who you truly deep down are and where you’re going.

We are all sinners, you and me. Jesus Christ died for my sins, just as he died for yours, just as he died for all liars, thieves, adulterers, etc. All sin keeps us away from God. but He sent His Son Jesus so that we may be reconciled to Him through the shedding of His blood. In Jesus’ name I pray you understand and contemplate these truths.

Nothing else matters.

I can assure you all my responses were ‘real’, bm.
And at the risk of arguing, I don’t think I was arguing.

I couldn't care less about religious persecution these days. I'm far more confident in my own skin.

It’s all about scoring points and winning and argument on the internets. Well, congratulations.

I don’t care about winning an argument. What’s more important is you think about who you truly deep down are and where you’re going.

We are all sinners, you and me. Jesus Christ died for my sins, just as he died for yours, just as he died for all liars, thieves, adulterers, etc. All sin keeps us away from God. but He sent His Son Jesus so that we may be reconciled to Him through the shedding of His blood. In Jesus’ name I pray you understand and contemplate these truths.

Nothing else matters.

So you’ve constructed a second magical friend called “internet points” that everyone who uses reason to justify their opinions is appealing to?

Some people don’t have a made up person to ratify their opinions, they just figure it out for themselves and take responsibility for their own thoughts.

They don’t have to say, “yeah I sound dumb and selfish but I don’t make the rules.”

Speak for yourself

Speak for yourself

lol

Selfie sticks are a sign society is spiraling downwards.

The misrepresentation and misunderstanding of my views in this thread has hit record highs.

Do I want and celebrate that people will go to hell? No. The opposite. Goodbye 50 posts from people thinking that I celebrate people going to hell.

I would gladly lay down my life for anyone here if it meant that they would enter eternity with God.

That’s why I wrote my famously offending post of…

“We are all sinners, you and me. Jesus Christ died for my sins, just as he died for yours, just as he died for all liars, thieves, adulterers, etc. All sin keeps us away from God. but He sent His Son Jesus so that we may be reconciled to Him through the shedding of His blood. In Jesus’ name I pray you understand and contemplate these truths. Nothing else matters.”

Fact: I am a sinner, who struggles daily with sin in my life.

But, I have been saved by grace. The unfathomable grace that Jesus took the punishment for my sins… even though I hated God and hated his people.

Grace is not as an excuse to continue sinning, but as a reason to keep running the race, to strive to be better, to surrender more to God and His will.

Each person has a choice, whether to accept His grace, or not.

No greater love has he who lays down his life for his friends. That’s what Jesus did on cross, for me and for you.

Like wim said way way back, start a thread on it, and those that want to, will read & post in it. :slight_smile:

He did start this thread so not sure why he cannot post what he likes in it?

That sort of rhetoric gives me the shudders. There is no debate, the dogma is hard wired.

Works in reverse.

The misrepresentation and misunderstanding of my views in this thread has hit record highs.

Do I want and celebrate that people will go to hell? No. The opposite. Goodbye 50 posts from people thinking that I celebrate people going to hell.

I would gladly lay down my life for anyone here if it meant that they would enter eternity with God.

No greater love has he who lays down his life for his friends. That’s what Jesus did on cross, for me and for you.

Isn’t suicide a mortal sin?

That’s the Catholic Church’s teaching, it is not Biblical.

I think the entity known as Carlton is abhorrent.

Fark them.

X ten trillion million (as per my grandson)

I couldn't care less about religious persecution these days. I'm far more confident in my own skin.

Nothing else matters.

I don’t give a crap about your misguided beliefs, believe what you like, but don’t call me a sinner and tell me that some fictional dude died for me.

The only thing that matters is you pray to your own god and keep it to yourself.

That’s right, Churchie.

Church yourself silly but do it quietly.

Nothing else matters.

I don’t give a crap about your misguided beliefs, believe what you like, but don’t call me a sinner and tell me that some fictional dude died for me.

The only thing that matters is you pray to your own god and keep it to yourself.

Bacchus 3.16

One of the basic fundamental rights is free speech.

Jesus is not fictional. There overwhelming evidence that he existed… Even hardline atheists don’t even dispute this.

Seek Him and you will find Him.

Sure, there may be overwhelming evidence that Jesus was a real person.

Unfortunately for the story tellers that’s where the evidence ends.

Again, perhaps all this would be better suited to the Jesus thread.

or don’t feel the need to seek and find him and understandably you’ll have to burn in hell for all eternity.

free speech after all. free to agree with me or burn. but no mocking. mocking is abhorrent.

Nothing else matters.

I concur.

Pearls before swine though BM

One of the basic fundamental rights is free speech.

Jesus is not fictional. There overwhelming evidence that he existed… Even hardline atheists don’t even dispute this.

Seek Him and you will find Him.

It’s not overwhelming evidence.
It’s likely (a few of the gospels were written within living memory of his life), and you choose to believe it’s 100%, but it’s not overwhelming.

Facts:
Some guys followed a minor religious figure. Some wrote stuff about him. Some was written down within a century or so of this guy’s life, some later. When it became more of an organised thing, some stories were ruled as being “the story” and everything else was ruled heretical. A number of stories attributed to him are very very very similar to stories attributed to other religious figures which throws obvious doubt on it’s worth. Then the whole lot was translated. And translated. And translated again.

That’s a lot of stuff that’s happened from the first original gospels to, say, the King James.

As I understand it most (? certainly some) of the books and even a few gospels are pretty well accepted to not be worth anything as a historical record.

But surely whether he existed or not is kinda not the main point?