The "You know society is stuffed when...." thread

It's not illegal for people to report sexual or physical abuse (of adults or minors) in detention centres. That's terrific, isn't it? Really great. Wonderful.

Possible 2 years in jail if you rat on someone for touching a kiddie in an Australia Government funded and run facility! What times we live in.

And both major parties voted for this, because if you don’t, the terrorists/people smugglers will win! Security!

Got a link? Cheers…
It's not illegal for people to report sexual or physical abuse (of adults or minors) in detention centres. That's terrific, isn't it? Really great. Wonderful.

Possible 2 years in jail if you rat on someone for touching a kiddie in an Australia Government funded and run facility! What times we live in.

And both major parties voted for this, because if you don’t, the terrorists/people smugglers will win! Security!

Got a link? Cheers…
http://parlinfo.aph.gov.au/parlInfo/download/legislation/bills/r5408_aspassed/toc_pdf/15016b01.pdf;fileType=application%2Fpdf Section 6.42 (page 41)

Got a link? Cheers…
http://parlinfo.aph.gov.au/parlInfo/download/legislation/bills/r5408_aspassed/toc_pdf/15016b01.pdf;fileType=application%2Fpdf Section 6.42 (page 41)

Thanks. Does subsection 2.c give an exemption for cases involving child abuse? Or are the laws which compel the reporting of child abuse state laws and not applied to offshore detention centres?

Absolutely is ridiculous though that unless there are laws compelling you to speak up that you will be imprisoned for speaking up.

Got a link? Cheers…

Thanks. Does subsection 2.c give an exemption for cases involving child abuse? Or are the laws which compel the reporting of child abuse state laws and not applied to offshore detention centres?

Absolutely is ridiculous though that unless there are laws compelling you to speak up that you will be imprisoned for speaking up.

I know you can be done for not reporting a death, but I don’t think there’s similar laws covering any other crime. Admittedly I’m going off the media stuff at the moment - a bunch of workers there are threatening to all report something and take it to court as a test case.

■■■■■■ caravaners

■■■■■■ caravaners

I abhor the many affairs I’ve had with them.

I fookin’ hate Pikeys…

■■■■■■ caravaners

that’s it! I’m gonna crucify you with an opposing viewpoint.

■■■■■■ caravaners

that’s it! I’m gonna crucify you with an opposing viewpoint.

Oh the intolerance and mockery. What a world What a world.

Heard some Liberal woman rant on about gay marriage playing into the hands of the Liberal Party’s enemies - what? the 21st century?

I'd think society is in a pretty good place when your list of concerns and complaints includes a friggin TV commercial.

People used to complain about being eaten by wolves, or about hordes of previously unknown nomadic warriors riding over the hill and killing everybody in sight.

But not online. It was bearable until then.

When criticism is labelled as persecution.

To be fair…usually, on a forum, it actually is persecution, or something akin to it.
When criticism is repeated ad nauseum, with an aim to injure/offend/bully…I’d say that’s close to persecution.

I think the entity known as Carlton is abhorrent.

Fark them.

Unless you’re married.

I abhor children at the footy with flags on sticks.

Oh and I abhor Hawthorn

To be fair…usually, on a forum, it actually is persecution, or something akin to it.
When criticism is repeated ad nauseum, with an aim to injure/offend/bully…I’d say that’s close to persecution.

and if it s just criticism?

and if it s just criticism?

See above.

There is 1 particular person on here who is quick to condemn anything that doesn’t conform to their particular world views then cries religious/cultural persecution when any criticism is raised against that point, no matter how politely and reasonably put.
It’s as much a matter of thin-skinned-ness and having a glass jaw than actual bullying or persecution (which certainly can & does take place here, as on any other website).

There is 1 particular person on here who is quick to condemn anything that doesn't conform to their particular world views then cries religious/cultural persecution when any criticism is raised against that point, no matter how politely and reasonably put. It's as much a matter of thin-skinned-ness and having a glass jaw than actual bullying or persecution (which certainly can & does take place here, as on any other website).

you must be thinking of another site…

Rare as panda feathers, but it has happened!!