This is our fabric

That’s a great video about the caps and early years of the guernsey.

It would be great to see more videos on the history of the club - perhaps a weekly EFC history feature.

LOL at the second video, with Sheeds demonstrating that GWS suck.

Quoted Post

LOL at the second video, with Sheeds demonstrating that GWS suck.

Was also obviously cleared before the video of Daniher’s goal (against GWS) was loaded to our site.

It doesn’t have a lot of Heppell either… or Jobe… but I don’t find myself worrying that they won’t be playing with the Bombers for many years to come!

I think it is a smart move, I support Hird and so do most on here but right now I think the club is trying to take a little bit of focus off Hird and spreading it to the rest of the club. The club is not one man and it is time that SOME of our supporters are reminded of that (not to mention the media).

Hird will be coaching the team this year and next.

Really love it too… but agree with others - needs more James Hird!

Quoted Post

Is Gregor McCaskie @Mero?
Gregor is an Irishman living in Melbourne. I'm an Australian living in Canada. So no, we're not the same person. We are mates, however, and if Gregor has a question about the club history he doesn't know, he usually asks me.

PS He was a Hawthorn supporter when he first started at the club.

Hahaha, the 2010-2011 vids are sooo lame.

But putting aside the 2012 the ASAGA scandal, I actually like the 2012 one. Shame the Judas’ were featured.

I reckon it’s a very clever marketing slogan.

It has a low key anti-“fabric torn” message. It still focuses on pride in the jumper, like so many of the successful slogans before it. And I like that it is a touch softer then “battle armour”. I don’t think other club supporters will get it, and we’ll cop some ridicule over it. Which will serve to bed the slogan into our thinking, which will in turn come back at them when we’re kicking their ■■■■ on GF day and throughout the season.

I love the video.

The club have pretty much openly thanked and recognised the fans for the way they have stood by the club, and that component is now key to success. Linked into that has been the return of Sheeds, the fabric waving above the head iconic moment, and the known desire to do this as a regular thing to show the clubs colours. I’m not 100% convinced it will work, but that’s a pretty good crack at getting it to work.

I love the reference to Fletch going on and on and on and on… clever, and perfect.

I love the reference to the 20 premierships, which may just be my favourite part of the whole thing. Just a perfect Sheedy moment, and no doubt will be an ongoing theme he will push for the next while.

Well done to the essendon fc team that came up with the idea, and then put it together.

Quoted Post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iiLeKhcIQvA&feature=iv&src_vid=rPcwxPrp5l4&annotation_id=annotation_835947597

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4fml9DRa2yU&feature=iv&src_vid=rPcwxPrp5l4&annotation_id=annotation_1232842049

Well good onya! Jeeeeez

Quoted Post

Quoted Post
Is Gregor McCaskie @Mero?
Gregor is an Irishman living in Melbourne. I'm an Australian living in Canada. So no, we're not the same person. We are mates, however, and if Gregor has a question about the club history he doesn't know, he usually asks me.

PS He was a Hawthorn supporter when he first started at the club.

Wouldnt call him an irishman if i were you… haha.

Quoted Post

There’s a certain poster here who just shot his load over the mention of the 4 VFA premierships.

Don’t know who you’re referring to, but I’m big on that too. After all, the same teams that formed the VFL had been playing against each other in the VFA, so why shouldn’t they count? They didn’t stop counting the VFL premierships when they let interstate teams in and called it the AFL.

I hope our fabrics made of hemp

Quoted Post

Haha. Local cafe around the corner from me has his signed jumper framed. He had coffee there a lot.

Quoted Post

Lack of Hird is disturbing

BETA.

Quoted Post

Whatever it takes was the worst one ever.

No the Essington ADVANTAGE one in 2005 was.

Quoted Post

Quoted Post
There’s a certain poster here who just shot his load over the mention of the 4 VFA premierships.

Don’t know who you’re referring to, but I’m big on that too. After all, the same teams that formed the VFL had been playing against each other in the VFA, so why shouldn’t they count? They didn’t stop counting the VFL premierships when they let interstate teams in and called it the AFL.

Wrong thread to argue this but they were completely different comps.

Quoted Post

Quoted Post
Quoted Post

And?

Quoted Post

Quoted Post
Quoted Post

And?

The club can recognise the VFA premierships, that’s good, but the AFL can’t as they weren’t won in the AFL/VFL.

I always think Kochie and his mates in teal need to shut up when they push for their SANFL flags to be recognised by the AFL. It’s the same thing.

Quoted Post

Quoted Post

Not sure you’re referring to me reaching for the tissues, but I do feel the same way.

The club should be able to refer to them as much as they like. Yeah Port can to, but they aren’t port Adelaide, they’re Port Power, (I always thought they were separate clubs, but maybe not).

At the end of the day, the VFA was the premium competition in the land as far as I can tell, not some Mickey Mouse SANFL / WAFL thing.

We dont hear University comparing their post 190? Premierships to those in the VFA/VFL/AFL because it ain’t the same level of competition.

Ah yes. Sorry I thought you meant the AFL counting the VFA ones.

Ironically part of the reason the the VFL (now AFL) was formed as it’s own league was a means of avoiding the rampant corruption of the VFA. It didn’t stop many of the foundation clubs in the 20’s etc throwing games anyway.