This is our fabric

Wow, that David Myers tearing the fabric ad was so bad.

Was a fair pisstake I’d say. That said they probably wouldn’t have loved Joey getting his jumper ripped on friday night!

Quoted Post

Was a fair pisstake I'd say. That said they probably wouldn't have loved Joey getting his jumper ripped on friday night!

Just means Joes made from diamond tipped saw blades.

Quoted Post

Wow, that David Myers tearing the fabric ad was so bad.

Please explain

Cheeeeeeeeesyyyyyyyyyyy thats if you take it serious.

Hilarious if you take it as a joke.

pashmina is our fabric.

Talking to Harves on Monday night. Remember what a tough, hard , courageous player he was, well I can assure you he is not going to be a softy when it comes to coaching at Essendon either . I reckon the coaches will be a great team within a team. Players will have no illusions as to what Harves expects and as we all know, he is a great part of our heritage, a part of our tough fabric . Its great to get him back on board.

Quoted Post

Talking to Harves on Monday night. Remember what a tough, hard , courageous player he was, well I can assure you he is not going to be a softy when it comes to coaching at Essendon either . I reckon the coaches will be a great team within a team. Players will have no illusions as to what Harves expects and as we all know, he is a great part of our heritage, a part of our tough fabric . Its great to get him back on board.

Ahhh Harvs. I remember watching him from the outer at Windy Hill one Saturday afternoon when he flew into a pack with the flight of the ball. Was like watching someone commit suicide, I think I even put my hands over my mouth. Baby faced, blond, ridiculously tough and aggressive.

Even his own team mates were not safe when he was attacking the footy.

Pretty sure it was Harves that kicked Bewick in the head in the middle of Windy Hill in 1989 in that massacre of the Eagles.

Quoted Post

Pretty sure it was Harves that kicked Bewick in the head in the middle of Windy Hill in 1989 in that massacre of the Eagles.

Nope; that was the opening bounce of the 1991 loss to the Weagles.

The amount of oddities and classic moments in that match is freakin’ crazy:

• it includes the only clip you ever see of Dean Bailey
  • the windsock was tied down
  • Madden’s awesome fake-out of Big Bad Irving
  • more injuries than there were players on the bench (Bewick KO, Long ribs, Salmon groin, Heard knee, plus some lesser niggles such as Big Bad Irving winding up the biggest kick into Adrian Burns’ guts)
  • Somerville takes a mark "they’ll talk about for a hundred years”
  • Hamilton given the rotten job of tagging Peter Matera
  • that amazing intercept by Cransberg: I’ve seen it fifty times and I still don’t know how he did it!
  • a spectator having a Weagle in a headlock at the final siren
  • a standing ovation for a loss!

I think the below was the first thing I uploaded to Youtube. Not often you see a ruckman standing on two others to take a mark.

There’s your club fabric right there.

Quoted Post

Quoted Post

Nope; that was the opening bounce of the 1991 loss to the Weagles. Not many games where you lose and get a standing ovation from the crowd.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V1xJLi_PPGw

Geez Mick looked different at that age, can’t remember him looking like that.

I’m pretty sure that was the same game where the wind sock was tied to the post

Quoted Post

Quoted Post

Nope; that was the opening bounce of the 1991 loss to the Weagles. Not many games where you lose and get a standing ovation from the crowd.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V1xJLi_PPGw

Thanks DJR for clarifying that. My memory’s a bit shot these days.

Still have that '91 game on video. Arguably Essendon’s greatest loss ever considering the circumstances re injuries. Long, Heard, Salmon, Bewick and a couple of others with no one on the bench from about half way through the 3rd qtr.

I remember the build up too as I lived in Perth at the time and the media pumped the game up massively as both teams went in undefeated.

Always remember a first year Wanga dragging us back into the game with a big final qtr and the Fish leading out, whilst hobbling around with a torn hammy, to score a couple of goals.

The team was heroic in that match considering the quality of the opposition that day. It took an injury ravaged Bomber team to finally succumb
and give the Eagles their first and only ever win at Windy Hill.

This is my fabric, there are many like it but this one is mine, my fabric is my best friend, i must master it as i must master my life. My fabric, without me, is useless. Without my fabric, I am useless.

I was at that game in 91. I remember very distinctly that Madden goal, and the other major thing I remember from that day was the buzz around Wanganeen. After the game everyone seemed to be talking about him, with one supporter claiming “one day, he will win a brownlow”

How’d you like that fabric tonight, Melbourne?

Plus Bolts is going to need to run and swim and cycle all day. Star.

Quoted Post

Plus Bolts is going to need to run and swim and cycle all day. Star.

http://www.essendonfc.com.au/news/2015-03-19/bolting-to-the-finish-line

Good on him. Hope he can do it

Just watch Zaka give Fanta a peck on the cheek during his interview. We have a good bunch of guys coming up…