Time to consign Fremantle to the Docks - the thread

For anyone wanting to sit with Bomber members, I have two tickets.
Unfortunately I forgot I’m heading away for the weekend at the time of buying them.
Would like some form of reimbursement, though also want to make sure Bber fans take the tix.

It would, but Sandilands feeding Neale, Fyfe, Mundy, Walters, with B.Hill and Pearce running the wings is still formidable.
Not sure if S.Hill will play as he would be another one we need to watch closely.

Though Taberner and Kersten aren’t world beaters, they’ll still cause problems if supply is plentiful, and of good quality.
Matera, Ballantyne and the resting Walters require some attention also.

You are right

Nervous about this game I’m expecting Esseington to show up too many times we lose to lower ranked sides after a good win

Freo are fkn garbage

Us by 80

13 Likes

A part of me hopes we err on the side of caution, and make Zac sit this one out.
Let’s see if we can back it up, and win without him again.
It’s time we spread the load.
Zac can’t carry our midfield forever.

Myers might be ready.
Perhaps Bags in for Dea.
Done…

You make it sound like Merret is a 30 year old veteran. If he is fit he plays.

Look, let me preface this by saying, I’m no expert on concussion.

However, he clearly failed the concussion test on Friday night (I assume), so it’s reasonable that the medical team may feel it’s a risk playing someone who has had a couple of head knocks in the past month.

He’ll play he wanted to get back out there and was frustrated that the doctors rulled him out to come back on plus he was all smiles after the game.

He’s a tough little bugger Merret.

Could wear a helmet.

3 Likes

I think he probably will play, and come next Saturday night, I’ll be happy he is running out there with the boys, as we need to win these games now or forever be resigned to 7/8th finishes.

As I clarified in an earlier post, part of me wants to see how the addition of Smith and Stringer, along with McG move to mid, along with Hep finding his best form and maturity of Zaharakis (not forgetting Myers/Parish/Langford), mean that we can finally cover the loss of an important cog in the midfield.

Good teams do it all the time.
I’d like to find out if we’re a good team.

1 Like

Has to be the doctors call. Head trauma is a real concern, and you want players to enjoy both their football as well as their days after football.

3 Likes

Bully boys Port have a knack of bashing up on ordinary teams but when Fyfe and Neal have first up stinkers you can guarantee those 2 in particular will be raged to the eye balls and put in best on ground performances. Big time danger game for that reason + Freo’s first home game at the new venue. At best 50:50 proposition for the Bombers

3 Likes

When is the first Western Derby? Could be the first home win at Optus.

1 Like

Would anyone be against Zerrett wearing a protective helmet, and playing first 3 quarters up forward. just to keep him out of bash and crash a little bit.

Im a little concerned about his last couple of head knocks this year. But would rather he doesnt miss this week.

Then if we need the run could throw him in the middle in the last quarter when Parish tires.

1 Like

I’ll just put my faith in the Docs to make the right decision. No point him playing if you have to keep him out of harms way. You’re either good to go or you’re not.

2 Likes

Is this a 7 or Foxtel game?

both

1 Like

EFC says it’s TRAINING TODAY - Monday 26th March, 1.15pm

I’ll wave to them as I’m flying over

Post of the week.