To the royal

Thats the Essendon Grand.

I’m going back fifty years ago, forgive my lack of memory.

The DIRTY Grand. Many a morning spent stumbling outside at 6am and straight to Sam the Hot Dog Man.

1 Like

That’s nice to hear re the Keilor Pub.

Brickmakers was pretty popular in my time, only went there a few times, didn’t go on it much.

KEILOR

2 Likes

But seriously, keilor proper is retiree central.

2 Likes

There was a Phil de Marco in my brother’s year at school at CBC St Kilda. Ran into him in a cafe he’d opened in North Rd, South Caulfield in the early 2000’s. He was telling me he’d been to Vietnam as a nasho, and it had caused a split in his family and caused him psychological issues - he became radically opposed to the war while his family were strong DLP and supported it.

Same guy possibly?

Not sure about that. The pub was owned and run by the De Marco family for many years, and I think there were about three generations there at one stage. I assumed always that they were locals to Essendon.

I used to spend every Thursday night there for years and some Saturday nights after playing footy. It was a pleasant place to meet young ladies, and was not as rough as most other joints around the area.

Yep - then a chain restaurant, then back to a pub, then to apartments with a restaurant attached. Incidentally - very nice food, but too echo-y inside.

Ahahaha!!! memories!
Throwing up hotdogs and beer outside

1 Like

Olly’s Trolleys anyone?

1 Like

The only place to have a 10th birthday party at! All those flavors of ice cream! Mmmmnn

Farken lol. I knew a nut job druggy who got 3 years for attempting to rob Ollie’s Trolley. Muppett walked in with a shopping bag and a knife, and told them to put all the money in the bag or he would shoot them. He was standing at the counter next to two uniformed coppers grabbing lunch.

Ah, memories!

2 Likes