To the royal

Haha…good times.
I was banned from that pub.

Wow, quite a few memories from that place. On a Friday night we used to alternate between De Marco’s and the Keilor Pub. Good times at both.

There was a solo guitarist at the Keilor Pub, who I clapped when he had finished playing, the first time I went there.

Looked at me and said would prefer a beer. :smiley:

Yeah and now demazzis is there some of the best burgers. Oh and apartments

SMOKIN JOES

1 Like

Remember now, the one that burnt down on Mount Road was Jimmy Rowes or however it was spelt. Was probably known as something else 30 years ago though.

Apartments that look like tool sheds.

1 Like

Yeah nothing near Woodlands park.

Interestingly the royal has some of the best google reviews for a pub in melbourne.

Wow - I remember the Keilor Pub! I had erased it from my memory.

:slight_smile:

Must admit don’t dwell on it much, always had good time though, probably the company I was with.

I remember when they reckoned it was time for you to leave, they would put the air con to freezing, everyone left the place pretty quickly. :grinning:

My memories of that place are all a drunken blur. Wow, and some people I haven’t seen in many years.

1 Like

It’s still there.

For our crew it was The 'Linc and then on to De Marcos on a Thursday nite, ( ah, Dean and Carruthers followed by Rock Steady)- and then try to get to school/work the next day…
De Marcos used to have a short angry bouncer at the door on Thursdays, who always had a baseball bat nest to him.

1 Like

Yup…remember him :slight_smile:

I lived the first 13 years of my life in Keilor; never been into the pub

A former friend and I got banned from De Marcos in 1971 for riding our motor bikes into the lounge.

About 25 years later, I went their with my Dad for a counter lunch, and Phil De Marco reminded me forcibly that my ban still applied ! My Dad was very proud of me after hearing that, as he had apparently been banned for similar antics at many places in his youth.

8 Likes

Keilor Pub is the best joint this side of the city for mine. Great feed and really nice little front bar. Hadn’t been into the Linc in a few years up until a few weeks ago and they’ve done some reno’s which have made it a pretty nice set up as well, was a farking tip prior to that. As for The Royal, still has the cheapest pints so I’ll happily put up with the averageness of the rest of the joint for as long as that continues.

Wasn’t the Brickmakers Arms another old classic (before my time) turned into apartments?

1 Like

Far out, that’s next level stalker.

1 Like

Yeah brickmakees was closed for ages before they decided what to do with it.

I knew the Essendon Royal pub was near a park, just not sure which one. Coleman’s old pub.