Toddler Shoots Mother

A reply to: @Albert_Thurgood regarding QuoteLink

Anyone who died in mass shootings had no say in it.

If anyone actually died texting while driving (instead of killing a cyclist or pedestrian which is what they normally do) they should be congratulated for removing themselves from the gene pool.

I live on a main road, at least once a month while I am waiting to turn into my driveway there will be a young woman driving straight at me holding a mobile and swerving at the last moment, not doing my heart any good.

A reply to: @sorfed regarding QuoteLink

A reply to: @Albert_Thurgood regarding QuoteLink
Anyone who died in mass shootings had no say in it.

If anyone actually died texting while driving (instead of killing a cyclist or pedestrian which is what they normally do) they should be congratulated for removing themselves from the gene pool.

I live on a main road, at least once a month while I am waiting to turn into my driveway there will be a young woman driving straight at me holding a mobile and swerving at the last moment, not doing my heart any good.

Cars don’t kill, texters kill.
Kill the Texters!

I ate a texter once when I was a kid and I’m not dead.

Texters don’t kill people, people txt killers! Or something.

God Bless America and the right to own/carry guns.

Remember guns don’t kill, toddlers do!

If only the mother could have been armed at the time

Had an amusing exchange on another unrelated forum on gun control in the US.

I pointed out the disparity between death by firearm rates of the UK and US. He responded, telling me I should look more closely at the stats, and that the UK was ranked directly before the US on this stat. I pointed out the source he sited had the countries ranked alphabetically, and that the US gun related mortality rate was actually 42 times higher that the UK’s!

She was, but her toddler disarmed her.

A reply to: @Captain Jack regarding QuoteLink

She was, but her toddler disarmed her.

The toddler was guarding against government tyranny. The mother had been lording it over her co-workers at the DMV.

A reply to: @Windy Dill regarding QuoteLink

Had an amusing exchange on another unrelated forum on gun control in the US.

I pointed out the disparity between death by firearm rates of the UK and US. He responded, telling me I should look more closely at the stats, and that the UK was ranked directly before the US on this stat. I pointed out the source he sited had the countries ranked alphabetically, and that the US gun related mortality rate was actually 42 times higher that the UK’s!

They must’ve thought our firearm rate was extraordinary high then being in the A’s!

Stand Your Ground!

A reply to: @sorfed regarding QuoteLink

Love to know what kind of pistol it is that a 2yo can pull the trigger, most revolvers have a 4 pound trigger pull at minimum and if it was an automatic she must have one up the spout. Of course no-one worries about the perils of falling out of bed - 598 dead and the 781 who died smoking in bed, we worry about the 12 who died in mass shootings this year but not the 5598 who died while texting in their cars.
There's no peril-worry about beds, guns and mobile phones because they are not primarily designed to injure, maim or kill.

(yes I deliberately left cigarettes out)

That will be a tough conversation to have with that kid one day.

“Your mother is not around any more because you shot her.”

A reply to: @simmo41 regarding QuoteLink

“…but remember - you DID have that right, it said so in this paper here…”

“Mummy’s just gone away for a while”
“Really? ■■■■, I’m gunna have to have another crack at shooting that ■■■■■. Oh, wait, I’m not meant to be talking yet am I?”

A reply to: @Deckham regarding QuoteLink

It’s not your fault, if only your mum had a gun to protect herself.

A reply to: @rossoneri regarding QuoteLink

A reply to: @Deckham regarding QuoteLink

It’s not your fault, if only your mum had a gun to protect herself.

Guns don’t kill - gun laws kill.

A reply to: @IceTemple regarding QuoteLink

Guns don't kill people, people kill people...

maybe if the other kids with her had a gun, they could have shot the gun out of the other kids hand, before it went off.
Endorsed by the NRA not me.

Kids today are so much more technically minded than when we were at the same age. How the kid released the safety on the gun before pulling the trigger was just plain clever.

A reply to: @McGoved regarding QuoteLink

Kids today are so much more technically minded than when we were at the same age. How the kid released the safety on the gun before pulling the trigger was just plain clever.

Showed excellent initiative.

By Brittny Mejia

http://www.latimes.com/nation/nationnow/la-na-nn-missouri-boy-shot-by-5-year-old-20150120-story.html

A 9-month-old boy died Monday after he was shot in the head by his 5-year-old brother in their grandfather’s Missouri home, police said.

The 5-year-old found his grandfather’s .22-caliber revolver in the bedroom and was playing with it and ended up shooting his brother, Nodaway County Sheriff Darren White said. The baby was in a playpen in the same room and the bullet struck him in the head.

The children’s mother, Alexis Wiederholt, told NBC News that she had just put her 9-month-old son down for a nap when she heard a strange “pop” come from the bedroom.

When she went to investigate, her 5-year-old son appeared and said, “I’m sorry, Mom. I shot Corbin.” When Wiederholt checked on her youngest son, she found him bleeding.

Wiederholt called the police just before 9 a.m. and her son was flown to Children’s Mercy Hospital in Kansas City, where he later died.

Wiederholt and her children were staying at her father’s home in Elmo, Mo., so she could report for the National Guard. Wiederholt, a resident of North Dakota, told NBC News she hadn’t known that her father kept a loaded pistol in the home.

“I don’t know why someone would have a loaded gun in the house while the kids were around,” she said.

Wiederholt’s father told NBC News he had the gun for security and target practice and that he kept it in a locked case, but the case could be opened with a screwdriver or random key.

Firearms are common in the rural area, White said.

“Firearms are great, it’s when people start leaving them loaded and unattended that things like this happen,” White said.

Police are investigating the incident, but it appears that the shooting was accidental, according to a sheriff’s press release.

Related

New Jersey 12-year-old accidentally shoots, critically injures sister

And another one… I have highlighted my favourite bits. So sad, yet somehow this country is the arguably the most powerful one in the world.