Toddler Shoots Mother

The article where the granddad says the children knew not to go into his bedroom (blames them for his stupidity) and says “boys will be boys”.

Can’t edit anymore?
Forgot to add “had my favorite quotes”

Florida toddler Kaleb Ahles, 2, fatally shoots himself
2 hours ago January 23, 2015 7:52AM

‘Great little kid’ … Kaleb Ahles, 2, was pronounced dead at hospital after finding his father’s gun and shooting himself.

A TODDLER in Florida is dead after finding his father’s .380-calibre handgun in the family’s car and shooting himself, officials say.

Kaleb Ahles, 2, was in the car on Wednesday afternoon while his parents Kevin Ahles and Christina Nigro, both 23, loaded boxes as they prepared to move, according to Pinellas County Sheriff’s deputies.

Somehow, the boy opened the glove compartment, where his father had stored the gun.

The child lifted the gun, turned it so that it faced his chest and squeezed the trigger, the Tampa Bay Times reported.

His parents told deputies they heard a loud pop and ran to the car. The mother performed CPR, and the boy was taken to a hospital, where he was pronounced dead.

“He probably barely got the trigger pulled,” said Sheriff Bob Gualtieri. He described the gun as a lightweight weapon usually carried in a pocket or on a hip.

Sheriff Gualtieri called the incident a “tragic situation.”

The sheriff said the parents won’t face criminal charges — no one could punish them more than they’ll punish themselves, he said.

The child’s grandfather, a retired Tampa police detective who is also named Kevin Ahles, stood near the police tape outside the house Wednesday evening.

“A great little kid was killed today,” he said. “That’s all there is to say.”

Wow. Just wow. Can’t get over how many times we keep seeing irresponsible possession of something so deadly. No safety. Bullet in the chamber. WTF are these people doing with a fully loaded, ready to fire weapon just lying around?

“A great little kid was killed today,” he said. “That’s all there is to say.”

And that there, says it all …

wow just wow.

False flag, so they can take our guns.

Since getting to the U.S my opinion on gun ownership had relaxed a little. I have a friend who is very responsible with his, not loaded, locked away, doesn’t advertise having it, hidden etc. And I was like OK well I am not anti him or people like him owning one… then I walked into a friend of a different friends home and they have wall decorations up advertising that they have guns, and there is his damn handgun laying on the coffee table… This, and the many people I have met since like him, just make me realise why I held my original stance.

The man speaks the truth.

If only that kid had a gun to protect himself.

3 times more people die in the US per year from gun related deaths than the total number of deaths of US soldiers at war in Iraq/Afghanistan since 9/11

Is it just more or is there a lot more media coverage at the moment on these family tragedies involving guns. Maybe there is something at play to help take the fight up against the NRA.

It’s more than just the actual guns though.

I reckon half the movie posters we see have some guy or girl brandishing a gun. Try watching tv from around 8.30 and pretty much every show has someone murdered within seconds of the show starting. If it’s csi they have been shot, thrown off a building into a vat of acid, incinerated, shot and then dumped in the boot of a car.

You’ll see more guns than boobs on tv in the US, and I ain’t ever heard of anyone being killed by a boob.

Quoted Post

It's more than just the actual guns though.

I reckon half the movie posters we see have some guy or girl brandishing a gun. Try watching tv from around 8.30 and pretty much every show has someone murdered within seconds of the show starting. If it’s csi they have been shot, thrown off a building into a vat of acid, incinerated, shot and then dumped in the boot of a car.

You’ll see more guns than boobs on tv in the US, and I ain’t ever heard of anyone being killed by a boob.

Yeah, but sex is dirty… and makes god cry.

A reply to: @SMJ regarding QuoteLink

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fP3HJVp3n9c

Thanks so much. That is one of the best things ever.

A reply to: @SMJ regarding QuoteLink

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fP3HJVp3n9c

SMJ, thanks for posting, great stuff by Jim Jefferies.

A reply to: @tinhillterror regarding QuoteLink

It’s because Americans are incredibly paranoid. The “they want to destroy our way of life”-fear has been passed down generation to generation. It was the British, then the Yankees/Confederates, then the Huns, then the Japs, then Charlie, then the Commies, and currently the Muslims. This has then permeated into everyday fear that either the government or the poor people are after their property.

Quoted Post

A reply to: @tinhillterror regarding QuoteLink

It’s because Americans are incredibly paranoid. The “they want to destroy our way of life”-fear has been passed down generation to generation. It was the British, then the Yankees/Confederates, then the Huns, then the Japs, then Charlie, then the Commies, and currently the Muslims. This has then permeated into everyday fear that either the government or the poor people are after their property.

And the hilarious thing is… They don’t realise that ‘their way off life’ is neither unique, nor that great.

A reply to: @McGoved regarding QuoteLink

Kids today are so much more technically minded than when we were at the same age. How the kid released the safety on the gun before pulling the trigger was just plain clever.

Most American-made handguns can only have the safety catch applied after it is cocked (ie - “one in the chamber”). It’s actually an effective way to test if it’s loaded. If the safety catch won’t move to the “safe” position, it’s not cocked (the other options of course are to look down the barrel and see if there is a round in the chamber, or close your eyes and pull the trigger to see if it makes a loud noise). However, many, many gun-owners have poor handling skills and will often ■■■■ a weapon and then forget to apply the safety.

As someone trained on many different types of firearms, and having had to carry one for prolonged periods over the years, I never want one in my house or near my kids. Absolutely insane.

A reply to: @Furious George the monkey regarding QuoteLink

A reply to: @McGoved regarding QuoteLink
Kids today are so much more technically minded than when we were at the same age. How the kid released the safety on the gun before pulling the trigger was just plain clever.

Most American-made handguns can only have the safety catch applied after it is cocked (ie - “one in the chamber”). It’s actually an effective way to test if it’s loaded. If the safety catch won’t move to the “safe” position, it’s not cocked (the other options of course are to look down the barrel and see if there is a round in the chamber, or close your eyes and pull the trigger to see if it makes a loud noise). However, many, many gun-owners have poor handling skills and will often ■■■■ a weapon and then forget to apply the safety.

As someone trained on many different types of firearms, and having had to carry one for prolonged periods over the years, I never want one in my house or near my kids. Absolutely insane.

This. Exactly this. A thousand times this.

I’m hesitant to even keep an iron in my house. What the ■■■■ is wrong with people?