Toddler Shoots Mother

Quoted Post

A reply to: @tinhillterror regarding QuoteLink
It's more than just the actual guns though.

I reckon half the movie posters we see have some guy or girl brandishing a gun. Try watching tv from around 8.30 and pretty much every show has someone murdered within seconds of the show starting. If it’s csi they have been shot, thrown off a building into a vat of acid, incinerated, shot and then dumped in the boot of a car.

You’ll see more guns than boobs on tv in the US, and I ain’t ever heard of anyone being killed by a boob.

It’s because Americans are incredibly paranoid. The “they want to destroy our way of life”-fear has been passed down generation to generation. It was the British, then the Yankees/Confederates, then the Huns, then the Japs, then Charlie, then the Commies, and currently the Muslims. This has then permeated into everyday fear that either the government or the poor people are after their property.

Also has a lot to do with the ‘end times’ apocalyptic stories leveled at them from pulpits. “gunna need our guns for Armageddon”

Quoted Post

Quoted Post
A reply to: @tinhillterror regarding QuoteLink
It's more than just the actual guns though.

I reckon half the movie posters we see have some guy or girl brandishing a gun. Try watching tv from around 8.30 and pretty much every show has someone murdered within seconds of the show starting. If it’s csi they have been shot, thrown off a building into a vat of acid, incinerated, shot and then dumped in the boot of a car.

You’ll see more guns than boobs on tv in the US, and I ain’t ever heard of anyone being killed by a boob.

It’s because Americans are incredibly paranoid. The “they want to destroy our way of life”-fear has been passed down generation to generation. It was the British, then the Yankees/Confederates, then the Huns, then the Japs, then Charlie, then the Commies, and currently the Muslims. This has then permeated into everyday fear that either the government or the poor people are after their property.

Also has a lot to do with the ‘end times’ apocalyptic stories leveled at them from pulpits. “gunna need our guns for Armageddon”

Pop a cap right up Satan’s ■■■…

Toddler, 3, shoots father and pregnant mother at New Mexico motel

A three-year-old US boy shot and wounded his father and pregnant mother with a 9mm handgun that he pulled out of the woman’s purse while searching for an iPad, police in New Mexico said on Sunday.

Both parents needed hospital treatment for non-life threatening injuries after the bullet went through his father’s buttocks and into his mother’s shoulder, Albuquerque Police Department Officer Simon Drobik said.

They lived so I guess it’s ok then.

Just have a think about the physical positioning that allowed for that bullet trajectory for a moment

Quoted Post

Just have a think about the physical positioning that allowed for that bullet trajectory for a moment

■■■■■■■■ interuptus?

went off with a bang…

Quoted Post

Taking height differentials into account the kid was probably aiming upwards.

Quoted Post

Quoted Post

Taking height differentials into account the kid was probably aiming upwards.

Such a spoil sport…

Quoted Post

That will be a tough conversation to have with that kid one day.

“Your mother is not around any more because you shot her.”

Easy convo - “Your mother is not around due to her own stupidity.”

Quoted Post

Quoted Post

But, if she had a gun…

Quoted Post

Quoted Post
Quoted Post

But, if she had a gun…

But…if you shot first…

Clearly one of the common denominators are the handbags/purses. Ban them.

I can still remember going to k-mart as a kid and looking at racks of guns next to racks of fishing rods. The ammunition was in locked glass display cabinets. Things have changed a tad, lol. In this country at least…

http://www.shootersandfishers.org.au/

as if they weren’t enough problems already

They arent.

Quoted Post

A reply to: @McGoved regarding QuoteLink
Kids today are so much more technically minded than when we were at the same age. How the kid released the safety on the gun before pulling the trigger was just plain clever.

Most American-made handguns can only have the safety catch applied after it is cocked (ie - “one in the chamber”). It’s actually an effective way to test if it’s loaded. If the safety catch won’t move to the “safe” position, it’s not cocked (the other options of course are to look down the barrel and see if there is a round in the chamber, or close your eyes and pull the trigger to see if it makes a loud noise). However, many, many gun-owners have poor handling skills and will often ■■■■ a weapon and then forget to apply the safety.

As someone trained on many different types of firearms, and having had to carry one for prolonged periods over the years, I never want one in my house or near my kids. Absolutely insane.

I’m not sure I’m comfortable about a furious monkey having a gun

Quoted Post

The Truth headline: “Toddler shoots and kills 69”.

Quoted Post

They arent.

I enjoy fishing, but what is it about that mob that thump home the outdoor sport thing all the time. It’s recreation, it’s as much of a sport as playstation is. Target shooting is a sport, hunting is depending on motive not a sport.

“Bang Bang, my baby shot me down…”

Quoted Post

Quoted Post
A reply to: @McGoved regarding QuoteLink
Kids today are so much more technically minded than when we were at the same age. How the kid released the safety on the gun before pulling the trigger was just plain clever.

Most American-made handguns can only have the safety catch applied after it is cocked (ie - “one in the chamber”). It’s actually an effective way to test if it’s loaded. If the safety catch won’t move to the “safe” position, it’s not cocked (the other options of course are to look down the barrel and see if there is a round in the chamber, or close your eyes and pull the trigger to see if it makes a loud noise). However, many, many gun-owners have poor handling skills and will often ■■■■ a weapon and then forget to apply the safety.

As someone trained on many different types of firearms, and having had to carry one for prolonged periods over the years, I never want one in my house or near my kids. Absolutely insane.

I’m not sure I’m comfortable about a furious monkey having a gun

To be fair, I’m a highly trained monkey (or at least I was in my younger years). Also, I’m mellowing as I age. I’m probably more “mildly annoyed” than “furious” nowadays.

Putting it simply though: kids + access to firearms = tragedy. Also: America + gun control debate = stupidity.