Top 10 best players from 2010-20

Dangerfield is more consistent probably

dusty/fyfe are more game winners I think. that’s what sticks in people’s mind.

I reckon people underrate Danger because A) he comes off as a tool and B ) the media wanks on about him sooooo bloody much.

Exact same thing happens with Rance. He’s the best of his era - by a fair length, but because you hear “GOAT” stuff so often, you actually react negatively to that.

Danger’s as damaging as anyone in the game - big, powerful, fast, kicks goals. His kicking can be a bit wobbly, more so than the other guys up the top end, but he’s every bit as much a match winner as the other two.

Dusty is a force of nature, and he’s still not within a bull’s roar of GAJ in his prime.
Would you trade…forgotten the Freo guy’s name, sorry, for Buddy in his prime?
No.
No, you would not.

Is he possibly overrated in Perth? Absolute gun, no doubt, but not above GAJ, Danger or Dusty imo.

Top 5 for me is probably

GAJ
Franklin
Danger
Dusty
Fyfe

1 Like

no, I’d take Franklin over fyfe. hence why I have buddy #1. I’m not sure of your point though

I’d take fyfe over dusty every day of the week though

When Fyfe tears a game apart with goals I’ll agree with you:

is he underrated in Melbourne?

he’s won two brownlows. I think a lot of eastern states viewers miss a lot of Fremantle games, that’s no fault of you guys though

I’m not disagreeing with that top 3, but there is an interesting fact that relates to them all.

Geelong won a flag after GAJ left
Hawthorn won two after Franklin left
Adelaide made a GF after Danger left.

Geelong and hawthorn also won 2 with them, so it’s a shaky point.

1 Like

■■■■ pls.

I dunno, is he overrated in Perth?

He’s rated pretty highly here, it’s just a few absolute champions are rated slightly higher than him.

I most admit though, being from Melbourne, I’ve never ever seen Fyfe play.

Saint made a GF after Tony Lockett left.
We won a GF after Salmon left.
And, stretching it a bit…
Brisbane won 3 grand finals after Buckley left.

How often has a big name arriving at a club resulted in premiership success?

Saints didn’t improve from losing Lockeyt. They were poxy with and without Lockett, when they got Jason Heatley (who kicked 70+) they improved a fair bit and got into a GF.

he’s under rated in Perth, due to the west coast bias. literally, most people think he’s overrated over here bar Freo fans

west coast supporters hate him and will refuse to acknowledge he’s any good. that says more about their supporters though

2 Likes

Watching games on Foxtell during the Sheedy era made me realise how he would recruit strong big bodied physical players. We have not had these types for many years which may explain why we have not won a final since 2003.

He’s not underrated in Melbourne. Was the bloke widely considered the best in the game for 2-3 years when GAJ lost the mantle, and always in the top 2-3 since.
A very fair assessment.