- Salary cap mistake that cost Blumfield Hardwick and Caracella.
- Choosing Knights over Hardwick.
- Choosing Myers over Rioli.
- Stuffing Matthew Lloyd around at the end of his career.
- Lack of player development.
Top 5 mistakes made by EFC since our last premiership (no saga)
Cmon that’s a clear number one, farkin daylight etc
- Flash mob
Would you pick a coach that didn’t know how to turn on his laptop?
Hardwick wouldn’t have last 8 years with us without winning a final.
Biggest mistake was keeping sheeds after 2004 and not rebuilding.
Not hindsight, I said it at the time as well. Topped up with Campo, Murphy and Allen (Allen was more than serviceable though), should have rebuilt.
Add to that the poor drafting/development (laycock, Bradley, Jetta, hislop) all first round picks, all junk. Gumbleton and Winderlich also high picks, always injured
1- poor leadership by the hierarchy of the club
2- awful list management
3- bad coaching/ coaches
4- players not being held accountable for poor performances
5- poor development of youth
- Hird as coach
- ■■■■■■■ up first round picks over and over
- Knights as coach
- Bending to the bowls club
- Sheedy from 2004 onwards
1 - yes
2 - if a key issue was him struggling with computer problems then you have to question the committee’s decision there.
3 and 5 - If 5 is true then 3 doesn’t matter as we would have stuffed up Rioli.
4 - to turn him into something he wasn’t that late in his career… yep not good
I’d add having below standard training facilities which we shared with cricket club during pre-season stuffed us up big time.
Not building another decent midfield for 17 years
The thing I like about WOB is his economical use of words.
- Giving Jon Ralph a signed jumper
#10 Darren Bewick
Say that again.
- Not retaining ‘Let’s get loud’
- Not giving into the Bowls club earlier
- Getting rid of Peter Jackson
- Failing to make loadsa money like Norf on clash strips earlier
- Tyrone Zantuck
Really the buck stops with the CEO.
Peter Jackson obsessed with profits and removing sheeds so he underfunded the football department to achieve both goals.
Ian Robson oversaw the saga then bailed in the first 5 mins during investigation.
Xav Campbell I like the guy, but has he ever worked in a successful sports organisation, becuase if he hasn’t how does he know what one looks like.
Not Trading Lloyd and Gumbleton for Judd
- Letting LeCras kick 12 goals
- Not punching Sam Mitchell in the face after the jabbing gesture
- Not punching Sam Mitchell anywhere after the jabbing gesture
- Mark Williams
- See 2 and 3