Top 5 mistakes made by EFC since our last premiership (no saga)

This so so so much this.

6/Poor Threads on Blitz

4 Likes

The 2006 draft. 3 top 20 picks, a few more around the 40s and 50s The amount of talent in that draft and the only pick we didn’t screw up was Houli.

And he went on to win a premiership… at Richmond.

Why only a top 5? Why not a top 20 or even 50?

Hopefully is it named after Ron.

2 not making sisha @ the vfl a thing.

1 Like

Was disappointed to have not had my tenure mentioned in here - but I suppose I get to take the blame for this.

1. paul cousins taking the raptor’s spot.
9 Likes

fixed

4 Likes

I feel better, thanks Barnz.

2 Likes

There is something in the water at the club. Is it the senior players or the long serving club support staff that’s the issue or the clubs history that is infecting the teams performance each year.
Long term ongoing issues:

1. Team has no confidence traveling interstate.
  2. More recent times we have gotten off to an amazing start to the year and then just fallen apart.
  3. No good in finals and getting smashed.
  4. Beating good teams and then lose to ordinary teams the following week.
2 Likes

One that bugs me is moving away from the mcg.

11 Likes

Hiring Skippy
Keeping Skippy for so farken long

8 Likes

There was also the issue of whether payments to players for ‘writing an article’ on the club website should be included within the salary cap.

For memory Hird and Lloyd both had agreements in place where they were effectively paid by the same employer to do another job.
Whichever accounting idiot thought that would pass through was a moron.

2 Likes

Richmond played Grigg in the ruck in a grand final. Knighter was ahead of his time

I thought the issue was that the club wanted to buy the rights to jameshird.com.au & matthewlloyd.com.au to use as part of our INDEPENDENT website & online presence. No surprise the AFL knocked it back & we caved in to fall in line with every other club having a shyteful website owned & controlled by the AFL.

1 Like

I’ve always wondered if the sweetheart deal we apparently have with the dome actually makes up for what we lost moving from the G. We were the biggest drawcard in the league & regularly had crowds the dome simply cannot accommodate. Do we make more from 40K at the dome than we would with 55 at the G?

Could you imagine them trying to send out enough membership cards for an mcg drawing membership base?

3 Likes

Neagle playing on.

7 Likes