Didn’t NLM spear tackle someone?
Fletcher on Jeff Garlett 2011 v Fark Carlton when we drew against them.
That was a fantastic tackle. Literal game-saver. I thought Garlett was past him and headed for a certain score, then suddenly Fletcher had somehow grabbed him – I still don’t know how he did it – and we had the ball.
That was a truly great game. I’ve seen a few draws and that’s the only one where the siren went and I thought, Disappointing, but a cracking game and a fair result.
The last game I felt the blend of confidence and joy watching our team. Only 25 years ago.
Yeah, looking back, this was the last game where I genuinely felt like we were the best team in the competition. It was all downhill from here, starting with the Prelim a couple of weeks later, which we were very lucky to win.