Tops ups and the vfl in September

With a few top ups recently returning to the vfl and a few more likely to figure soon based on current injury reports it got me thinking whether they would a) qualify for September b) want to have a crack at winning some silverwear.

I suspect Jamar, Michael and Polks already qualify. What will it take to get crowls, grima, stokes and Simpkin over the line.

Historically the club hasn’t prioritised having prominent youngsters figure in the vfl come September but for those who do qualify I could think of know more fitting way to honor the top ups (if they are so inclined) to give the finals a real crack. Certainly guys who haven’t enjoyed the ultimate success like Jamar, crowls, Polk, michael and grima would, I’d have thought, jump at the opportunity to win some silverwear.

The prelim last year was awesome, let’s go one better, send the top ups off in style, and draw a line under an absolutely wretched 4 years.

I wouldn’t be surprised if Crowley is pretty keen. He was going to play WAFL anyway before he became a popup, so he’s obviously not shy about playing the level below, plus he seems to just love his footy.
No idea re any of the others.

Hopefully with a new coaching panel this year, they are keener to play the youngsters in the VFL finals to help with their experience

How many games does it take to qualify? I’d say a number of the kids have spent too long in the seniors to qualify.

I think this is more or less the rule:

In order to be eligible for finals selection, AFL-listed players must have played at least six VFL games and no more than twelve AFL games during the season.

So Crowley and simpkin will need a couple more vfl games which would expect them to get. Grima probably needs a few too and I think stokes only played a couple at best.

Jamar and Michael qualify.

Francis qualifies but it will be cotton wool for him and with good reason. Lav needs a few more vfl games but I don’t think he’ll get them.

Jerret qualifies as do a bunch of youngsters including hams and obviously connor, Ashby, Edwards and kommer

Ashby grima hepp
Long freezer connor

Jerret coghlan simpkin
Jamar Crowley hams

Edwards Langford Redman
smack grimley polk

Michael Morgan mcniece eades Kommer

… Gach wallis Dobson heavyside McLeod Holmes

Decent looking side without stokes and still with some options if we do sideline a few more

Why would we cotton wool Francis and not let him play the VFL finals series?

I don’t understand that thinking at all.

Why would we cotton wool Francis and not let him play the VFL finals series?

I don’t understand that thinking at all.

Indeed play him.

Off the top of the head only Kelly and Dea would not qualify for September action.

Grima is either borderline on or clear on qualification and that Simpkin and Crowley are close.

I’d love Francis to play but id put my house on the club not playing him.

OK maybe I would not put my house on it but you get the drift

I'd love Francis to play but id put my house on the club not playing him.

OK maybe I would not put my house on it but you get the drift

But why would the club do that? I genuinely don’t understand what possible reason they would have for not playing him.

Me either Ivan. They have wanted to get the miles into him, and he missed a lot of development time & fitness building through injury.

I would think as many games as they can get into him between now & the end of season break the better.

Thread needs more DJR.

Hope Crowls in particular can get up for it. The VFL finals series was the most I’ve enjoyed the footy in a long time, love to see us in the mix in a big way in 2016.

Apart from running out of breath and getting a really bad stitch, what exactly is the club protecting Francis from?

Iirc they mothballed laverde, Langford and a few others last year didn’t they.

Don’t get me wrong, id love to see him out there

Apart from running out of breath and getting a really bad stitch, what exactly is the club protecting Francis from?

The dreaded ‘knock’

The dreaded ‘knock’

Meh, he’ll have the whole off season to recover.

I’d reckon getting games into him would be a priority, especially VFL finals.

Imagine how big his legend will get if he carries us to a VFL flag?

Thread needs more DJR.
http://www.foxsportspulse.com/assoc_page.cgi?c=1-118-0-0-0&sID=277333

Yes, 6 games needed.

Get the games played from here:

(sort by team)

18 AFL-listed guys are already eligible:
Redman
Grimley
Eades
McKernan
Jerrett
Edwards
Kommer
Michael
McKenna
HAMS
Nyuon
St Francis; let Him show us the way
Polkinghorne
Long
Ashby
Jamar
Morgan
Wallis

• the VFL-listed guys!

The doyen has spoken.

That’s a flag winning outfit. Imagine the momentum at Windy Hill with the 12 returning and the VFL boys bringing home a flag. Hugggeeee

Needs more NOB and Hardingham

Hey guys, cool your jets.

Gil and his corrupt mates no doubt will come up with some crap on-the-fly ruling to disqualify any top-ups that may help us and so minimise our chances of any small success this year.

Remember who said: “Leave out the bits we don’t need”.

I would put my house on it.

Or as Ivan said “OK maybe I would not put my house on it but you get the drift”.