“Tough” Players/Clubs

Isn’t that something that just naturally occurs once you stop wearing the carlton jumper?

7 Likes

For his size Ben Doolan was as tough as

I wish Nicky winmar was playing for us today

1 Like

He was a tough little bugger, still a few of his teeth at Victoria Park I think.

The concussion rule has tempered a lot of toughness. The docs save a lot of blokes now from themselves.

Hodge is def tough even in old age at Brisbane. Hands it out, cops it and has helped turned that Lions outfit into a genuine top 4 side in a year of footy in his absolute twilight.

Compare that to say Ablett Jnr at the suns and its light and day.

Remarkable player

1 Like

I honestly don’t know what more Ablett could have done at the Gold Coast. He was handed an absolute ■■■■ sandwich and still won a Brownlow Medal while playing there.

Ablett Jnr ks a deadset gun and one of the best players I have seen, but I’d choose Hodge to build a team around any day of the week.

Great move by Fagan bringing him up to Brisbane in his mid 30s.

4 Likes

When they played GWS he copped a knock from Cameron early on. In the last quarter, found him and didn’t miss the chance to square up. All far, was good stuff.

Won’t be popular but I think Cameron and Green are both pretty tough. They can do the odd dirty thing but don’t ever shirk the issue and happy to wear one back.

1 Like

Absolutely. Cameron and Greene are rippers.

1 Like

CALE HOOKER.

Lol mooney, thought he was tough but it ends there

Absolutely, Brisbane have a young list, and seem to be able to manage consistent football on a regular basis, we need more of that at our club.

McGovern in marking contests is the toughest in the league, just puts his body on the line every time.
I like when Francis goes hard at a contest, leaves people sore.

3 Likes

So have we got blokes for this list now?

Let’s see if being at our club has the same effect on a players toughness as it does on a players footskills and goal-kicking.

4 Likes

Toby Green. More dirty than tough, but would love him in our team.

I’d love him in our team but only because he’s a highly highly skilled player. The behind play under packs stuff is mostly pissweak snipes that have no real effect on games other than increasingly seeing him miss them. You can’t get away with that stuff when there’s cameras watching from multiple angles every move.

1 Like

for anyone who wants to see Ambrose bury Hill in the MCG turf.

Hooker kick the match winner

Colyer kick a great running goal.

Jobe, Hibberd, Melksham Cooney celebrate.

5 Likes

me too

9 Likes

A truly great day at the MCG.

Surrounded by entitled Hawks fans, ho ho

( my birthday too…)

4 Likes