Tours of True Value Centre

I see there are formal tours of the new facilities at Tulla. But only if you pay $14.

Is this what Bomber Thompson meant when he said he’d open the club up to the fans?

Admittedly it’s not a lot but that’s not the point. Many of us have already paid for that centre whether directly through the Flight Plan or indirectly through buying memberships.

A lot of the time during summer training session they'd walk you through, no need to fret.

They used to charge at Windy Hill too.

I think flight planners and members should just pay a gold coin.

More than happy to pay. It is an amazing looking place.

Just think about it for a second. The hiighest level an individual can achieve in this sport, in the world. And you can practically pull your car up at the front door and have a chat to the coach, get a photo and autograph from the captain and leagues best player. You can see 16 of the 20 premiership cups they’ve won.

It’s amazing. Not another sport in the world can you get this sort of access. And for $14 someone will take you around and fill in the blanks, maybe let you take a photo in front of Jobes locker.

I dunno, I just think we are blessed in this city.

If I think about how much joy the club has given me over the past ummm…few years :wink: …then I think about the elation last year, when week after week we got up against the odds…then I think about what a bucket of chips and a beer costs at the footy…$14 is a miniscule amount…I’d pay twice that and still be smiling.

Bomber never said ‘for free’.

What if you go 20 times?

What if you go 20 times?

That's ok then lol

April 24th. Im booking it in. 

What if you go 20 times?

Then the club should hire you to conduct tours ;-)

I see there are formal tours of the new facilities at Tulla. But only if you pay $14.
Is this what Bomber Thompson meant when he said he'd open the club up to the fans?
Admittedly it's not a lot but that's not the point. Many of us have already paid for that centre whether directly through the Flight Plan or indirectly through buying memberships.

It's open. Only if your wallet is also open.

They have had numerous open days for flight plan donors and they have all been clearly advertised.

Sounds fancy.

fancy.jpg

Flew down for ANZAC day so I went on the 24th of April and it’s a great tour. Wasn’t too sure beforehand what it’d be like but it went for a good hour and a half, pretty thorough analysis/ explanation of the facilities and even had Ken Fraser join us and lend a few anecdotes and a Q & A along the way. It also felt like the EFC staff/ tour guides were genuinely proud to show the place off, which was nice.

What's wrong with paying for a tour?

We pay to drive on roads that were already built (Tulla freeway) so I don't see the problem with paying to tour a world class training facility.

We pay to drive on roads that were already built (Tulla freeway) so I don't see the problem with paying to tour a world class training facility.

Anywhere you go in the world you have to pay for a tour of the stadium, Old Trafford, Yankee Stadium, San Siro etc. Granted, they are actual stadiums and not a training facility but that doesn't mean you should be able to view the inside of the facility for free and have someone walk you around as well.

EDIT: Ok, didn't realise this was an old thread. Should have just liked tinhills post or quoted it for extra emphasis.

Stop whinging about the cost....It'll all go towards paying for the legal fees anyway, so it's a good cause