Trade Discussion 2018 thread #1 - We’re gonna need a bigger boat for the wave pool!

I detest this turd of a club and that angry little turd. The AFL favours them. Look what happen with the O’Meara trade and this year with Gil and his turd mate.

Hawthorn have absolutely NOTHING available to get a trade done. Only way he can end up there is if he waits 12 months until he’s a Free Agent.

Port’s trading leaves me consistently baffled

I am sure Carlton will give their pick 2 so Hawks can get the deal done.

2 Likes

Can the Hawks not trade their 1st rounder this year?

If not then Gaff is 100% their main target

And wouldn’t put it past them shipping off Roughy and other mature surplus players to Blues, that priority pick likely end up with Hawks.

Hawks can do whatever they want. Rules don’t apply.

7 Likes

Re Dylan Shiel on BF:

6 Likes

My take on Tim Watson’s comments linking Hawks to Shiel, is that he wants to distract and destabilise them during their finals campaign, they have players currently out of contract and talk of a high-paid johnny-come-lately may raise a few hackles.

Why would Timmy do this you ask? because Fark Whoreforn. That’s why.

14 Likes

Someone tell Hirdy that that moustache isn’t fooling anybody

29 Likes

1 Like

Whatever it Tacos

15 Likes

I call bull ■■■■ on this poster.

Even if it turns out that it happens, it’ll be by fluke not because he/she knows anything. As if you’d just throw a ‘friend’ under the bus like that.

12 Likes

LOL

Friends become enemies?

Guys I happen to be BFFs with him and he said Clarkos angry from his treatment on the set of the wizard of Oz so he wants to come to the bombers instead coz paesano dodoro will meka the special pasta fazool for him.

1 Like

wow…what a great friend

Dylan Shiel is rumoured to be heading south.

Dylan Shiel is rumoured to be heading south. Source:AAP

Watson also claimed Hawthorn was the favourite to snare GWS star Shiel for 2019.

“I think there’s a strong likelihood he will move too this year and Essendon has been mentioned, I don’t think they’re the frontrunner. Carlton is in the mix, but I don’t think they’re the frontrunner either,” Watson said.

“I think it’s Hawthorn (who is most likely to pick Shiel up.).”

Last week Watson said “there will be a trade done at the end of the year” to bring the classy midfielder back to Victoria and Barrett said salary cap pressure on the Giants would make it an easier decision to release Shiel despite him being contracted until the end of 2019.

“Shiel is contracted to GWS for 2019, but they’ve got a horrendous salary cap issue looming — and it’s half by plan,” Barrett said on Triple M.

“While the party line will be that he’s going to stay and honour that contract — and he most recently himself said that — there’s a possibility, because clubs are talking to his management about this situation for next year, that a scenario could unfold where it’s better for player and club to leave this year.

“GWS would have more control over him while he is contracted and obviously it would free up a large percentage of what they need to free up going into 2019 on that salary cap.”

oh well
we keep pick 8 or 9

Lots of journos thought that Stringer wouldn’t end up at the Bombers. I reckon we’re a real shout with Shiel because, amongst other things, he would be joining potentially the most exciting and creative midfield in the country. Who wouldn’t want that? Also the club really seems to have a great “culture” now, after hitting rock-bottom after the Carlton loss. Apart from one additional mid of Shiel’s calibre, I think we’re in pretty great shape for next season tbh.

1 Like

Coniglio is in the same boat as Shiel. Our of contract 2019 and an RFA next year.

1 Like