Trade Discussion 2018 thread #1 - We’re gonna need a bigger boat for the wave pool!

Meh. They can have FIGJAM Wingard. Leave Gaff and Shiel for us pls.

7 Likes

I wish I went for hawthorn.
It’s just that I can’t because they’re a pack of ■■■■■

I’ve had some experience with Dyl-a-Shiela, so I can tell you whatever you need to know regarding cost, options, tricks, role playing etc.

1 Like

Happy for Hawks to be after Wingard. Get them away from Shiel.

5 Likes

Like!!!

Apparently McGovern will head to the Blues this year?

Pick1 to Crows for McGovern & what?

…and whatever Hawthorn need.

5 Likes

Don’t rule out the Devon Smith connection

[quote=“Laverde2Langford, post:4321, topic:13320”]
As for Setterfield. What GWS had previously down with some of their top draft picks was sign extensions in which they were paid circa 300k in the 3rd and 4th season, regardless of whether they had developed or played. That was part of the reason Pickett and Ahern were let go so cheaply.because they were costing decent $$$ for not playing at all.
[/quote] if that’s legit, Silvagni shouldn’t have a job anywhere in the AFL.

1 Like

Wouldn’t that preclude them from trading a 2019 pick though? I thought the rule was 2 first round picks in a 4 year period so by that rule hawks used 2 firsts in 2015, 2016 (Tom Mitchell), 2017 (O’Meara), which would mean they could only use this years first given in 2019, their 4 year block would be 2016-2019 in which time they’ll have used zero first round picks? Have I misunderstood this ruling? Or are the AFL going to be selective in how they apply it? I’m suspecting the latter given the circumstances around the O’Meara trade (late paperwork, Carlton giving up a pick for seemingly nothing etc).

2 Likes

People seem to be surprised by this.

If I recall we have been paying Laverde handsomely the last 2 years.

• He was an early draft pick
  • we ponied up last contract renewal to shut out Saints move

There’s been some talk that SPP could be involved in a deal for Lycett. Have you heard this Ace?

Maybe crows first pick or their Melbourne pick (gained last year for Lever) and McGovern for pick 1 and change?

why would port want to get rid of SPP?

1 Like

Was anyone trying to pinch Ahern or Pickett?

He fresh-aired a handball and kicked the ground instead of the ball in our game.

1 Like

His disposal is…worrisome.

There’s a thought that their midfield is too much of the same same. Boak, Wines, Ebert, SPP, Rockliff etc all slowish mids with no real spread or speed from the clearance. SPP is also a bit of a butcher with the ball lately which I believe was a slight knock on him in his draft year.

2 Likes

It’s just how it works man

Nobody was chasing McGrath when we re-signed but we would have re-signed him on a good deal.

Same with Brayshaw at Dockers.

It’s common practise to protect your high draft picks.

That’s why first round draft picks should probably be on an automatic 3 year contract. 2 is not enough.

1 Like