Trade Discussion 2018 thread #1 - We’re gonna need a bigger boat for the wave pool!

The trade period is a win/win for me, we either get an established gun using up our top 10 pick or we keep it and I get to see Dodoro handing the Essendon jumper to another gun top 10 pick :wink:

18 Likes

I hope they land nobody and gotta go to the draft.

3 Likes

??? Why/how would they make him a free agent? It would be a trade surely.

TBH I’d be just fine with us getting nobody and having to go to the draft.

8 Likes

It’s gonna suck when we get pillaged

Apparently they’ve had an approach querying whether May can terminate his contract and be considered a free agent

It’s been happening for years. I hate it. Mass exodus…
Only club apart from GWS not to lose a free agent…
Player stick to us like flies on ■■■■

Surely that can’t happen. Under what reasoning? How is it different any other contracted player wanting to leave?

Isn’t that what we tried to pull when Ryder wanted out and it was knocked on the head?

3 Likes

There’s pandora’s box for you.

2 Likes

Gold Coast is likely to get an early first round pick with Lynch anyway, surely they don’t want May to be a Free Agent.

We did the same with Ryder. And were told to fark off.

1 Like

Correct

There is literally no way that the AFL would do that. It’s their baby GC

1 Like

But it would mean they can manufacture a compo pick with their magical mystery formula. so theyre probably happy to do it

1 Like

What a farce

So if GC force a trade with Pies it’s basically 2 x late teens first rounders. Pies however have said not paying 2 x 1st’s so far.

Or they make him a free agent … does GC get another top 4 pick and Pies hand over nothing?

The other clubs should be going absolutely ballistic if that happens

If Pies want the contracted player farking pay up & GC just play hardball, if unsatisfactory trade he stays. Take the high compo following year or better yet hopefully change his mind.

11 Likes

it doesnt work that way, the net position of all free agents gives you one pick

they wont get a pick for May and Lynch.

3 Likes

Well that’s good

So it’s nothing more than May trying to ensure he can get away.

Bad luck mate. Your contracted. Pies or another club need to pay up or have to wait a year.

AFL has vetoed it anyway now…

2 Likes

You can’t get multiple compensation picks in the draft, when 2 or more FA leave.

The value of all the Free agents are assessed together, then 1 compensation pick is allocated.

2 Likes

When did that change because didn’t Port get 2 x 2nd round picks for losing Pearce & Chaplin? Does that mean that if May actually was a FA they get nothing? If thats the case then the above attempt to disolve May’s contract seems to make no sense from a GC point of view unless they hadn’t yet conceded Lynch was going to leave as a FA. Maybe they plan or hoped to force a trade from Richmond including player(s).

2 Likes