Trade Discussion 2018 thread #2: Shiel or no Shiel? SHIEL

Impossible. We are out of the race silllly!

I did think it odd TBC was up so early in his break and jumping into his car when I drove past him this morn on my way to work. There’s the answer.

I’ll settle for just Setter. He’s potentially perfect for our group. The second one is a bonus but likely to clean out our draft picks and tough to make happen

10 Likes

You would hope if Devon Smith was around he would be there too. Maybe he has already put enough of a word in and it was just the leadership group.

It would be nice if we had someone from the club in the media selling us something though. We’ve taken a very different approach.

He’s down Port Fairy way with the misso.

They don’t need to sell us anything on the specifics. Nor should they.

2 Likes

You actually read the posts?

Sounds like Setterfield might be easier to get over the line this year given GWSs salary cap squeeze. I’d still love martin, but GC might try to hold on to him (or demand an extortionate trade) as some sort of figleaf that they’re not imploding. If so, we might have better luck next year when he’s out of contract.

I’m still inclined to believe any ‘omgbignames’ are fictional, and would likely cost us more than we have trade and cap currency to spare anyway.

8 Likes

pics or it didnt happen

Ok, just got back from the toilet. What did I miss?

Kidding, I had my phone with me the whole time.

29 Likes

Nothing.
What you did in the toilet, Hurley Burley posted.

1 Like

But what if one of those ‘people’ happened to be…let’s say…‘a honey bee without gloves’ ?

Keep posting like this, and I’ll continue issueing LIKES.

1 Like

lovely spot

Agree with you on the most part.

I strongly believe that the club has made strong attempts to lure the big fish however we are seeing an evolving trade market over the last 12 months. The change in pay deal has provided more scope to pay the big contracts which has already created an inflationary market.

More bottom placed clubs throwing big, big offers out there which have rarely been seen before. Any plans that Dodoro may have had for the big fish can’t have fully factored in a desperate approach from other clubs to win players over.

Exhibit A is Saints offering over $8m over 6 years for Shiel. Unheard of in recent years unless for an elite player, and even then…

1 Like

He could play Halo with the E-Sport team.

1 Like

How did you know I was having a coffee with Shiel, Raz etc?

1 Like

This thread is a hoot! So, according to @HurleyBurley, Shiel’s been spotted with the leadership group this morning, which is consistent with him meeting clubs during the week? Although, my heads spinning with @Brasha saying it’s not going to happen. But, I’m most concerned with @Speedy_Gonzales stalking TBC out the front of his place :grinning: someone call the police!

No need for you to go back into your shell.

If experience has tortoise anything, it’s not to expect too much.

2 Likes

So would we be happy with Setterfield, Martin and Tyson?

1 Like