Trade Discussion 2018 thread #2: Shiel or no Shiel? SHIEL

… the ball would be in West Coast’s court

1 Like

huh.

He’s been an all australian and is at least better than most of our midfield.
He’d definitely improve us

7 Likes

I think the Eagles are hoping to coast through without much fuss.

Nah, I have not spoken to him since then. It does sound like gaff to north now through everything else though

1 Like

I thought that Gaff to North was not happening!

Money Talks

That’s what was said 3 weeks ago. And now people have changed their tune. Who fkg knows, you all know what this time of year is like. Ludicrous

1 Like

Seriously.
Gaff to North and Shiel to Carlton!
This is some sad times.

1 Like

Funny thing is that is one of the most feasible things posted in this thread so far.

It is totally something Carlton would actually do.

Come on Jackets you are supposed to be so good. It has been 17 years since we have been in a GF give us something!

2 Likes

It’s okay.

Gaff is over-rated and Shiel has not done anything of note and fell apart during the finals. You never wanted them anyway.

*unless they nominate us in which case we have landed the best players in the land.

11 Likes

Settle down kents

NOTHING has happened so stop your stressing.

It’s also just as likely managers are releasing that info to keep pushing for more money at the players actual preferred destination

IF … Shiel did go to Blues/Saints for $1.2mil well they can have him as not worth that. As per Gaff to North.

9 Likes

Now that’s what I call really sticking your neck out.

2 Likes

leonbaker user name rule holds true.

2 Likes

Can we please stop perpetuating this myth.

List managers do not get their info on players wages from the media. To the people who actually do the negotiations it is completely irrelevant what is reported in the media.

1 Like

Player managers create competion amongst clubs as a way to push prices up and use the media at times accordingly to do so

2 Likes

In the same manner that apes figured out how to walk upright eventually

2 Likes

Absolute rubbish.

1 Like

I know Speedy and I want to believe but I need something. If we had no chance it wouldn’t matter but if we bought in a couple of the right players it would top us off nicely. I reckon we deserve something. My kids have seen no success at all but remain fiercely loyal. 17 years is almost a generation!

2 Likes

“Kents”

Love it… another Blitz filter-defying word to go into my Blitzasaurus… right alongside ‘fark’

1 Like