Trade Discussion 2018 thread #2: Shiel or no Shiel? SHIEL

@Hurly_Burly did

3 Likes

Can you summarize any key points please. e.g. When will Kelly and Bont be putting pen to paper?

2 Likes

His favourite cafe is called “Little Sunflower”, no wonder he didn’t mention the name.

2 Likes

Less than 10m drive from my house. Shattered I didn’t receive an invite. Happy to shout a latte (provided he signs with us).

1 Like

Slow news day, so put Essendon back in the race. We have always been in the race but I can’t see it happening. I would rather s and m than d

11 Likes

Aaron Francis is like the candy man, if you say his name 3 times a blitzer sneaks up behind you and slits your throat.

6 Likes

Hi Matty, welcome to Blitz.

Thought you’d be more of a double espresso dash of cream no sugar type.

See, you learn new things all the time.

1 Like

Scully and Setterfield would be the ideal outcome for us this trade period. Inside & outside. Get it done. Don’t need anybody else.

1 Like

I would prefer Shiel over Scully. Scully is coming off a pretty bad leg break and will be 29 next year vs 26. Both fit the need but Shiel fits the age bracket.

He turns 28 in may

1 Like

Still doesn’t fit age profile for mine but the leg break is a worry, it wasn’t great

It’s 12 o’clock.

1 Like

he just announced he’s selling tshirts

Yeah where’s the shock news?

Not everyone in the team can be 22. Most successful teams have a mix. Plus, he’s hardly a geriatric at 28!

At the expense of breaking Blitz, has there been any further developments on this elusive big fish? Or does it look likely that s and m are the primary targets?

https://twitter.com/AFLTradeWhisper/status/1048030888699691008

Can both of you stop using S&M as a shorthand?
Disturbing mental images

3 Likes

Welcome back to Essendon Paul Salmon