Trade Discussion 2018 thread #2: Shiel or no Shiel? SHIEL

Can’t see Parish becoming a better player than Parker.

3 Likes

To @Scottys point though, trading one for another probably doesn’t help us too significantly. Especially considering the hard style Parker has been playing for a while now.

1 Like

He’s still an upgrade. He would make us better.

The fact that a clear and obvious troll has become an actual topic of conversation is bewildering.

1 Like

I wouldn’t call Parish a troll.

1 Like

I think this is the way to land Martin and Setterfield. Obviously going to be overs for Jack Martin but thats what it will take to get him out of GC. Credit to TheGrizz.

Essendon: Setterfield and pick 14

GWS: Pick 9 and pick 32

… … … … … … … … … … … … … … … …

GC: pick 14 and Ess 2019 1st

ESS: Martin and 2018 pick 27

… … … … … … … … … … … … … … … …

Summation of Dons Trade Period:

In: Martin, Setterfield and pick 27

Out: pick 8, pick 32, 2019 1st rounder

3 Likes

Sorry - that’s way overs!

5 Likes

No. But the question as to weather you would accept a straight swap of Parish for Parker is clearly a troll. Because nobody is genuinely that stupid so as to think that you wouldn’t. Nobody who says that would actually believe it.

No way this happens, Dodoro doesn’t like to trade future first rounders. And Martin will get done for less.

1 Like

But where’s Scully?

Scully and Setterfield
Or
Martin and Setterfield

Fair point. Parker would be an upgrade on Parish, but how much better would that make us? I don’t even reckon our ladder position would be altered too significantly in a straight swap trade. However, if Parker was on the trade table and Sydney said “We want your first rounder and Laverde”, that’s an interesting proposal. As much as we think Lav has potential, if it got the deal done you’d do it. Draft picks are overrated something chronic in the AFL. In US sport a deal like that is a no-brainer, a first-round pick plus a role player (no disrespect at all to Lav, but it would be like Boston trading say their first round pick plus a Daniel Theiss or Aron Baynes and getting Jimmy Butler) for an all-star/All Australian level talent.

Which Blitz member bet their account on Luke Dal coming to the Dons and will now never return?

300 likes unlocks the EXPLOSIVE reveal.

26 Likes

If were were to land both Setterfield and Martin using future picks, that wouldn’t leave us much left in the kitty to have a serious plunge at blokes like Kelly or Coniglio next year, would it?

Overs but not way overs. If it was 2x Pick 15 it’d pretty close.

How many senior games did Parish impact last year?

Parker can win us games of footy.

Cogs will be Free Agent.

1 Like

Eckers please…

Regardless of whether the Parish/Parker thing is a complete troll, the fact many people on here wouldn’t do it as a straight swap is bizarre. There’s a reason we haven’t won a final in 14 or so years. Consistently we overrate our players.

For a Pick 5, Parish hasn’t been much chop. Maybe you guys want to wager his potential, but I’m taking Parker every day.

2 Likes

SEN Interview was very interesting. I get the feeling we are set on Shiel.

Pick 8 for Martin is about right. Pick 31 for Setterfield is about right. Might have to throw in a future second rounder in a pick shuffle for Setterfield but this trade can easily be done without using nest years first rounder.

3 Likes