Trade Discussion 2018 thread #2: Shiel or no Shiel? SHIEL

From Buckenara on GC

“If a player doesn’t want to be at your club the best decision you can make to move forward is to trade them while you cannot only to get a deal in return but also remove that negativity from the playing group.

There are enough problems at Gold Coast already without holding a player to their contract when they no longer want to be part of the organisation, just because you might be able to get a better draft pick via free agency compensation next year.

May’s trade value would be a first-round pick and a player who could step in and be part of the Suns’ best 22 but can’t get a regular spot in their current team’s best side.

I believe the Suns should make a point of moving on any player who doesn’t want to be there and start to rebuild the culture driven by players who are committed to being part of the future.

Having players at your club who don’t want to be there only breeds more players who are looking for the exit”.

They might be puffing their chest up on Martin but ultimately will move him you’d think.

5 Likes

Yeah, if it was just a normal break you’d think it would be max 12 week turnaround. Might have been problematic like Gleesons foot.

1 Like

Mate i agree! I was just answering a hypothetical question. I think Parish is awesome.

Nah, that was Devlin Smorth.

If G Buckenara knows just two things, it’s how to kick a clutch goal and list building.

2 Likes

I dont😊

Thinking of changing my name to @Bloodbombers

1 Like

3 Likes

If they did that, they would end up with a worse team than our replacements team.

They wouldn’t want to get sued.

2 Likes

Three players who in my opinion, have very bright futures.

2 Likes

In a closed environment such as this, it’s always good to get an opposition supporter’s perspective.

10 Likes

Parish has huge upside.

5 Likes

Whatever happened to Billy_Gaul? He was another Swans fan, wasn’t he?

fixed.

2 Likes

Time to change the thread title?
“Who’s up for S&M?”

5 Likes

Sean Penn looking at himself in the mirror.

Absolutely. And every chance Parker is washed up in 2 years, Hanneberry style, given the punishment of the Sydney game style.

I would definitely not be making that trade

3 Likes

DP3?

We need a volume of good quality mids. I don’t think trading on a one in one out basis would help us massively.

6 Likes