Trade Discussion 2018 thread #2: Shiel or no Shiel? SHIEL

We need some good news someone! @fogdog @willie_dick @Brasha @Pazza_s_Mutton_Chops

1 Like

TOO MANY WORDS, NOT ENOUGH SHIEL!!!

3 Likes

■■■■ forum name. Not exactly a vote of support for Shiel.

1 Like

Well - at least if FC leapfrog us we can start beating them again…

1 Like

Bullshit

Players still will have a soft spot for clubs, especially if they have been die hard supporters for the first 18 years of their life.

You’ll often see players support their old clubs if they make the GF. Langford did this when the Doggies won in 2016. Was a the game proudly wearing the scarf. 22%20pm

7 Likes

Yep.

If anyone thinks Setterfield, given 2 exact same offers from us and FCFC, … wouldn’t choose us. his lifelong club, over them, … you need a Bex and a good lie down.

2 Likes

First time I’ve seen it

Dropping the f bomb or posting on blitz?

Lel

what about 2bit hack posters.

because looking at who liked your post, a certain sense of irony right there.

Weitering is CACA

The fact Liam Jones placed 6th in their best and fairest says it all. Curnow is a gun, McKay looks okay, after that? YIKES

5 Likes

So, it looks like it’s Shiel it draft for us now.

I’m happy with either, to be frank.

2 Likes

Surprised we haven’t had a real crack at Wingard think he would be amazing

1 Like

CHAD

1 Like

Thank god the kid didn’t run into Bacchus

3 Likes

CHF: CHAD JOE RAZ

7 Likes

THE CHAD

2 Likes

I disagree on GC. They’ve had 12 guys play 100 games for them, ever. 5 of them have already left, and that’s before May and/or Hall make their decisions. Could end up with as many as 8 of their 100 game players on other team’s list for next year.
Which I think suggests they could use some guys who are just going to be there, for 4-5 years. Whether they’re Hibberds or Howletts I think is kinda a secondary consideration for them, right now. They’ll still end up having plenty of cracks at the top end of the draft to get top liners.

1 Like

Sorry @barnz

1 Like

Assuming we could’ve got him for a second rounder type deal, Setterfield is the one I wanted - huge upside there but ah well. Pretty surprised we got overlooked, actually.

Would love Shiel but we’ll be paying a lot to get him and I’m happy with us hitting up the draft even if we miss out there.

I like Martin but I think he’ll cost the world to get him out of GC, so I think we may have to wait a year there.