Trade Discussion 2018 thread #2: Shiel or no Shiel? SHIEL

If I’m honest I am really disappointed with the setterfield news and I suspect that won’t change once Carlton get him for not much.

His type adds a completely different dimension to our midfield so it is really annoying to be overlooked for Carlton.

As fogdog indicated yesterday clearly they have outbid us in a monetary sense but the fact that our pitch came up short is frustrating given he will not require a bounty of picks to secure.

Shiel and Martin remain in place I guess but, you could be no more than hopeful with either. Martin seems almost impossible.

Scullly is another who could come into play.

7 Likes

Mate, that’s nothing like making up your own sauces.

So you’d start throwing around offers of 1.3mil like Carlton and then risk losing half of our upcoming players over the next few years because of salary cap issues? Glad you’re not in charge.

1 Like

This the same Carlton side that got flogged by 13 goals every week? Same Carlton side that had an aging Curnow finish equal 3rd in the Best and Fairest and their best defender this year in Simpson one year away from retirement and Marc Murphy is on his last legs? They punted their leading goal kicker (Wright) and Casplank is a joke of a player. Their KPP stocks are horrendous and they have one midfielder in Cripps. Kennedy is a joke and Setterfield will be a 3rd year player having played a grand total of two games so far and don’t get me started on that dipstick Rowe. McGovern is not a KPP as many will soon find out. I mean if you’re going to be disappointed fine but fck talking up the wooden spoon rabble?

20 Likes

True, … but enough of that goes on here already, … :smirk:

(Seriously, … if you haven’t got the time or just CBF, … the Sharwoods are the definite go to)

2 Likes

Curnow, mcckay, weitering is hardly horrendous.

2 Likes

I really hope it wasnt an extra $100-200k that made us miss out on Setterfield.

This bloke has second rounder written all over him. Hope it is an O Rourke type outcome for Carlton.

2 Likes

Isn’t it the Carlton that beat us?

1 Like

We talking up the same Weitering that’s been dropped for most the year? McKay is OK but people are going nuts if they’re going to be scared lining up on him.

4 Likes

Fk me we’re not getting Martin. Mission impossible on a contracted fold Coast player

3 Likes

You saved me some trouble there… I’ve seen a few too many games this year as the in-laws basically work for Carlton… just throwing out an opinion. I’m not saying it’s panic stations , we just need an inside beast that’s at the ready if we are going to make any push soon.

Shiels instagram video today is out the front of Moonee Ponds Westpac. I deduce that means he was on his way back from TVSC and will be a Bomber. That said its actually closer to FCFC do he may be a Blue.

I also may be completely wrong on all points.

3 Likes

Yeah, that they are.

1 Like

100%.
SPS, Dow, Curnow, Cripps, Weitering, Marchbank, Docherty plus their bounty from this year and add in Walsh.

Plenty of talent overall. Makes me sick that even with Carlton possibly at their lowest ever on field theyre more of a destination club this year than Essendon seemingly.

1 Like

Dodoro’s disciples are very quiet!!!

If you’re a young kid and you’ve got a team offering you 100k more over a few years… It’d be very hard to knock back, especially with his injury issues, who knows whether he will actually ever get on the park, no doubt hes thinking that too.

5 Likes

And we’re getting the big Mummy.

1 Like

Yep … after all we can only speculate

1 Like

Money Bank!

1 Like

Hmmm. Not sure I would have gone with that one