Trade Talk 2019: who should we beat our chest like an ape about now?

Swans offering $2m over 3 years for Langdon. Pies were offering $300k early in the year and have upped it to $450k.
No wonder he is thinking of it

1 Like

They were offered pick 11 and a second was reported. That’s way unders if true.

1 Like

That is corretto…

If he legitimately is avoiding a medical with Freo, I think they are within their rights.

2015 kicked 44 in 20 games, 2016 kicked 41 in 21 games, kicked 20 from 10 games last year and 47 from 20 games this year.

Entering his prime years as key forward, you would think stretching that to 50-60 goals wouldn’t be a significant leap for him.

Tell me we’re getting him for food stamps? Tell me we’re making out like bandits?

1 Like

It would be if he continues to struggle with injury and other related issues.

Perhaps Freo once they get the 5 for Neale will go - pick 5 and future 2nd

Increased offer. Still not two firsts. But will mean Dees can get May, so they will fold.

1 Like

So Setterfield gets done for next years second (likely to be 20-25 type range) and 42 this year?

And Shiel is worth 9 plus some?

I think Shiel is the better player right now… but Setterfield is a bit younger and still plenty of growth left.

Interesting comparison.

Of his 4 season he has played 20 games or more in 3 of them.

He missed half of last season with illness, not injury, and he missed the last handful of games this year. Where is this belief that he has had a number of injury concerns coming from? Other than his first season, which he missed due to a back problem?

No it wasn’t.

Your mail was Darcy Moore gone 100% and May to Collingwood will get done.

1 Like

There are only two things that are guaranteed in this life.

1. Hogan is a star and 2) Fremantle are idiots.
6 Likes

You ‘think’ Sheil is the better player? Setterfield has played 2 AFL games and has been ravaged by injury for 4 years. Second round is on the money. Sheil is a proven AA mid. Wheres the comparison?

10 Likes

Yep moore was basically gone until recently when collingwood upped their offer from what they originally offered - and thats because talks of langdon potetentionally wanting out, which seems to be what is happening now

And from memory, both times Hogan missed significant games were due to testicular cancer and his father dying (severely ill?). I can’t see either being of ongoing concern.

1 Like

Setterfiled has no exposed AFL form, 2 games in 2 years and coming of an ACL. Plenty of highly ranked juniors can’t make the step up to the AFL, Setterfield could be one, particularly on the way back from an ACL.

It’s like Francis last year, no one wanted to offer us anything that would make us consider giving him up because he had not shown he could live up to his U18/VFL performances at the next level up.

Difference is that Francis was contracted, Setterfield wasn’t.

If hawthorn get Scully for a third round pick because the Giants have screwed the cap that badly, the entire admin (and Silvagni) should be kicked out of the game.

18 Likes

Setterfield was contracted.

1 Like

Yes, that was why he only played 10 games last year.

He was drafted as a 17-year-old but was not able to play until his second year on the list. Missed that because of a back injury, so didn’t debut until his 3rd year on the list, I believe.

I agree, you can’t rely on Franklin to deliver.

1 Like