Trade Talk 2019: who should we beat our chest like an ape about now?

My Melbourne supporting mate said that they won their last two games against Top 8 opposition and two finals without Hogan. Also some game when they finally beat Geelong in Geelong for the first time in ages Hogan didn’t play.

Whilst he is a good player, they seem to play better without him in the structure. That’s why Dees fans aren’t that shattered that he may leave.

Was he? Will GWS need to clear his salary, so still wanted him gone.

Moore was never leaving Collingwood but you would think you should know that since you know Ned Guy :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Scully is worth a first round pick.

Pick 12-19 would get it done

GWS would have d!ckz in their heads to let him go for less

6 Likes

Yes, contracted for a couple more years. Just wanted to clear him off the books. Very risky pickup. Late second / Early third has always been his stated value. I think we skipped because of salary and didn’t want to guarantee game time.

He has a navicular foot injury, the same one that plagued Hird for a few seasons.

The year off definitely hurts his value. Don’t think many clubs would want to give a first rounder for him.

Heard Hawks right into him for crappy pick and now saints onto him.

Apart from the 917 times he has so far. 917 and counting.

Hasn’t it been reported that GWS loaded up the cap in the chase of a Premiships thinking they would have 1-2 before they would have to start unloading talent.

Got to two prelims, just got beaten by a goal by the Dogs in 16 and then got rolled by the Tigers in 2017.

Those were their chances, had another crack this year but was crueled by injury.

1 Like

I reckon GWS negotiated a good deal for themselves. Carlton are ■■■■. So basically pick 19-23 and a 43 for Setterfield is reasonable.

In fact so reasonable for GWS that if it was us I’d blink at that trade. Risk you give 2 picks away in a bloke who just won’t make it. Time will tell.

1 Like
11 Likes

I don’t want Scully unless he’s cheap.

2 Likes

He would be.
Steak knives.
Still prefer Martin.

2 Likes

I want Scully because the Hawks want him.

How good would it be to beat them for both Shiel and Scully and from the sound of it the Scully component of the deal won’t be expensive.

Maybe Scully and Shield and a 2nd/3rd round pick for pick 9 and 2019 first round pick.

9 Likes

So much squabbling going on amongst the other clubs.

Next week on live TV Disco will walk into a room with GWS shake hands and walk out again with minimum of fuss. Hard to deal with? Nope. Connors will also get his fat head and cheesy smile on TV to big note his supreme player manager abilities.

2 Likes

If he’s cheap for Hawthorn, he should be cheap for us.

8 Likes

Agreed. Will just tack on Shiel deal.

Why not all 3?

Where there is a will there is a way

4 Likes

And do you see what is written after those quoted words?

Scully is an absolute gun.

Hawks are f@ckin dreamin they can get him with pick #69

1 Like