Trade Talk 2019: who should we beat our chest like an ape about now?

There are a lot of hyper things in this thread.

5 Likes

I really like him but I would say GWS are making a call on injured players. Scully and Setter gave them zero and will clear approx $1M in cap space.

I find it very pleasing that the invented word is technically correct.

2 Likes

I think because we have so many good young players is why we can look at players of Scullyā€™s age. Our time is now and Scully is at his peak.
Assuming his ankle is ok.

1 Like

Correct. Mine are abouy hellensteins - a site i visit regularly to buy clothes. Wazza just dug himself deep

3 Likes

Wtf has this Bellchambers scenario come from!!!?? Lol, as if.

1 Like

Draft.

Oh,. I see. Ricky Nixon. Ffs. Absolute garbage.

3 Likes

WRONG.

2 inches too high, maybe 3 !

Especially when GWS will not be using it. So they would be giving him away free to Hawthorn ā€¦ 'coz why?

I agree. Whilst the players we have drafted in are great. If Parish, Mcgrath, Guelfi, Daniher, Langford add lean muscle and play like consistent aggressive hardened AFL players then I think we can pass Richmond and Collingwood.

Often for a flag you need a couple of players to come out of nowhere and drastically improve.

1 Like

If hypothetical means completely imaginary, does hyperthetical mean ā€œall too realā€ ?

Ie the scenario of Hawthorn getting a good player for ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  nothing is all too real.

4 Likes

Not my read, but have a hundred internet points anyway.

GWS got two first rounders for Treloar. He played his first game for Pies age 23, Shiel will be 26 at Round 1.
Our pick nine plus a second next year is fair.

Of course Dodoro is taking his time so might be working on something far more complex.

2 Likes

My interest in Scully would be more based on the potential to get the Shiel deal over the line & get maximum possible value. If for example GWS want this & next years 1st I donā€™t think Shiel on his own is worth that. If we add in Scully then we get the gun mid we need plus some potential to add another quality component to our midfield. Not sure we are in the best position get get full value without adding in another player. Setterfield would have been ideal (given his age) but Scully could, given a good medical report, give us some more outside & 2 way running. Steak knives with the potential to be a handy addition. Iā€™m not sure though if he would come cheaply enough in terms of salary. We know he went to GWS on massive coin so unless heā€™s all about the chance for success, its likely we canā€™t or shouldnā€™t afford him.

6 Likes

just announce shiel ffs

How did Scully go from being one of the giantsā€™ most important runners (and one of the best runners in the game) whose absence this year cost them games to a broke down old mess who they should be glad to get a third round pick for in the space of a few days? Must have been one hell of a medical.

7 Likes

Sat next to Mason Redman on plane back from Queensland this week. Nice guy and very friendly. He hadnā€™t heard much, but is hoping the Shiel trade gets done. Also said his injury is tracking well and will be running shortly.

72 Likes

Itā€™s even worse. Media talk is that GWS will pay some of his Hawthorn wage as well !

Thereā€™s something very very wrong here. Iā€™m wondering if GWS have actually been well over the cap for some time and the AFL havenā€™t wanted to know about it.

Griffen retires to free up 600+. Scully 500k, Shiel 800k, Lobb probably 500-600k, Setterfield 300k and theyā€™re still trying to move Finlayson and now suggestions of Patton? What the actual eff is going on up there and whoā€™s responsible? Has McCartney walked in to discover some seriously mismanaged books? Itā€™s bizarre.

19 Likes

Maybe theyā€™re getting May?