Trade Talk 2019: who should we beat our chest like an ape about now?

Hopefully ■■■■■■ for the next four years at least

1 Like

These things are never made public, but I think if it’s clear that his ankle is entirely cooked by the end of next year (or the year after) Scully would walk away and there would be some agreement to pay out half of his contract (or similar). I just can’t see him clogging up their list til 2022. It’s hard to see the downside of this for the Hawks.

Relax everybody!!!

Hawthorn got Scrimshaw who is useless. He couldn’t even get games at Gold Coast and now they have Tom ‘Saltine Ankles’ Scully.

They are giving up arguably their best young prospect in Burton for Wingard, who I don’t really think is a sure thing.

I know for a fact the Shiel deal is done and it will be announced tomorrow night.

So sleep easy and don’t fret.

27 Likes

Yeah, but the salary will still count towards the cap. That is unless the AFL change the rule to help the Hawks. Will be known as the Scully Rule!

3 Likes

:smiley::smiley:

Both good points. Neither make me feel better.

I really, really hope we get Hawthorn in round 1.

why is that clear?

1 Like

Maybe we wouldn’t give him the 4yr deal at the $ Hawks are.

And that’s the key reason he’s ended up there

Because us offering similar as a future 4th or better would have been very easily achieved.

Secondarily his family is from Berwick and if he moving back to that area much easier transit between Waverley to there.

1 Like

Trade radio praising the Hawks. Said Graham Wright is a legend, fantastic work to accomplish getting those 2 players for unders.

Yet when Dodo does it, he’s a difficult prick? :thinking:

7 Likes

Did Scullys dad get a job at Hawks too?

3 Likes

Scully is only 5 or 6 weeks away from running. Joke of a trade.

You watch Scully play round 1

2 Likes

What does wright mean by the Scully trade is tied up with a bigger GWS deal?

1 Like

Wright confirms its a 3 year deal with maybe a 4th year trigger for Scully.

Don’t worry about draft picks, we got the better option here, and maybe room for the other one we were promised.

2 Likes

Clarkson must have pics of Gil and a :racehorse: or something

2 Likes

Wright did say gws has other bigger deals that would be announced tomorrow. The way he said it made it sound like it was already done, anybody hear it and think the same?

1 Like

I heard it as the Scully trade was part of a bigger deal? Made no sense.

he said scully is tied up with a bigger deal that will come tomorrow

The optics of this just don’t make sense. Someone needs to hold the AFL to account for allowing Hawthorn to do such deals. If they really want an even competition then allowing these sort of deals just is completely contradictory.

Giving up a 4th round pick for a former number 1 pick while signing him to 3 years doesn’t add up.

5 Likes