Trade Talk 2019: who should we beat our chest like an ape about now?

Part of a bigger deal = we give up two high picks for Shiel and get Hawk’s future 4th back. Whacko!

1 Like

it sounds like gws are clearing more than they need to to bring someone in

1 Like

Nothing is really clear to us, but if I had to guess, it’s clear that this was a deal that was between GWS and Hawthorn and nobody else was given a look in. There is just no way that no other team in the AFL wouldn’t have offered a little bit (or you know, 40 picks higher) more.

There are a whole bunch on teams that wouldn’t even notice a non-playing 500k a year player on their list.

1 Like

If Harts and Smack are in our best 22 we won’t make finals again.

2 Likes

Someone needs to hold Afl to account for holding up deals/ trades to be published!

All we have got is crappy insignificant krill trades.

No big fish.
Trade week waste of time next year will just watch the prime time and not listen to the TR bulldust.

Would be funny if something else happens on Wednesday prime time and trade news is relegated.
Would probably need to be a royal death or a prime minister going Missing though.

1 Like

if you are wrong i am going to kick you in the sack

10 Likes

Boy oh boy, woo wee!

Lets drop the Scully bullshit. He chose the Dorks because it was his one and only option

You don’t think the desperate Saints and Roos would have made a pitch for him? The guy is cooked. Nobody else wanted him…GWS included

14 Likes

Saints were definitely keen

1 Like

I meant Saints and Norf would have made a play for him if they thought he wasn’t cooked.

1 Like

I think there will come a time there will be calls for some level of independent assurance on all trades. Aaron Hall goes for a 4th round, Scully goes for a 4th round, Melbourne got a compo pick of #3 for Frawley and so on. St.Kilda doing some dodgy deal with its picks with Hawthorn to get O’Meara and so on.

Reckon Dayne Beams will be the next case, Pies will probably get him for a 2nd round pick, whilst a very very good player but who is NOT ELITE is being demanded of two 1st rounders.

2 Likes

But couldn’t get a look in given it was only Hawthorn Scully wanted.

When you don’t have the picks a team is requesting, then it is hard to do a deal. Say like Caddy. Because other team might not want the player we are offering like Hooker

But when you have the picks and it is just about closer to the mark, then it is pig headedness to try and pressure the other team.

If Wright was our list manager the deal would have been done last week. It was amazing how JOM deal was done, with improvising (and asking favours), when they didn’t have the pick.

I used to laugh at media for repeating hard to deal with tag, but this proves Dodoro is a ■■■■■■ to deal with. Even if we do the deal, this will leave a bad taste.

1 Like

They didn’t even get a chance to assess if he was cooked.

So why didn’t they offer him the 1.3M they have sitting in the office drawer

So the summary is that Hawks traded Duryea for Tom Scully…

Richmond have 7 players that would command coin. The rest would be on average dollars or below average. Riewolt and cotchin would probably be taking unders.

Easiest way to influence how they run the trade period is to switch off.

Supply and demand.

So the media says

I stand by this comment from 4 days ago. The Hogan deal will be the big one tomorrow night.

2 Likes

Yep. Stage managed to the nth degree.