Trade Talk 2019: who should we beat our chest like an ape about now?

prolly belongs in the tippa thread - but 100% agree. my kids love watching him, and if he’s not a bums on seats player, who the hell is? Tippa = Ticket sales. Pay him a marketing salary if need be ffs.

1 Like

This is the most exhaustive article on the matter, which got written last year after a bunch of media speculation, so I’m pretty sure it’s the actual rule. TL;DR you’re right.

That would be awesome. I wonder if he’s taking the flight back with Conor after his brother’s wedding?

I have 2 questions:

If Conor’s nickname is Irish, what will Ross’s be?

Who else is going to have a battered sausage party to celebrate? (With lots of tomato sauce - Conor’s favourite flavour enhancer if Jobe is to be believed)

hawthorn drafted 2 first round picks in 2015.
Lovell (22), Burton (19)
I believe lovell has been delisted and Burton traded.

so their is no requirement for clubs to actually still have those first round picks still on their list, just to have picked them in the first place.

Quite a few of our boys in here

Lol Mid 2nd round for Tippa?

■■■■ off

You can cough up 1st or very early 2nd

3 Likes

According to that we have Sier already. Good pick up for us.

3 Likes

I love how they think pretty much every player on that list is worth a second round pick. We might be able to buy the whole league with our second round picks this year at this rate

3 Likes

Zac Jones for a second rounder, I’d happily do that.

3 Likes

Yep.
I dont put a lot of weight on draft picks unless they are top 10. So early first round…

If an opposition side needs to make a first round selection to satisfy that rule and as a list manager held a late first round pick. Id trade it. They will value it more than its actual worth.

Eg. GWS . I wouldnt be holding any draft picks that were double digit unless absolutely necessary. Get talent in, instead.

Look who wrote the article Irons. Purple flog wannabe Mitch Cleary is no expert on anything footy related. Maybe if I wanna know about Warhammer or Dungeons and Dragons, he’d be the boy to ask.

I mean look at him…

8 Likes

You can find a comparable trade from the last few years that would put pretty much any player in the league somewhere between a late first and early third round pick. It’s almost like trades aren’t just salary + supercoach scores = trade value

Can I point out that I said we should go after Shai Bolton hard last year, when he’d have cost a late second or even third round pick? :cry:

ew… no… hes a superspud

Cats after Saints Jack Stevens as he is a original Geelong Boy - Lorne, and has been having mental health problems so prolly best to be clsoer to family/firends.

Might mean the Coniglio has gone cold on the cats though…

So Shiel was 2 first round picks and Coniglio only 1?

Free agent. Compensation first rounder.

1 Like

Unless they match.

1 Like

Yep. Don’t even have to trade. Just offer him a lot of money. GWS wont match.

I Think Coniglio is staying @ GWS