Trade Talk 2019: who should we beat our chest like an ape about now?

It will be pick 9 + next years second rounder IMO. GWS don’t need a future first as they have an academy kid coming through that they need points for so a second rounder should achieve that. Maybe a shuffle of later picks but can’t see any reasons to complicate what should be a pretty straightforward trade

16 Likes

I’d take that in a heartbeat

He’s normally like that after nailing the first rounder. He does not have that luxury this time round.

Is there a possibility that GWS are trying to quietly off-load another player as part of the deal? Or maybe they are trying to see what they need after other trading they are involved in? If they receive 2 2nd rounders from Bloos for Setterfield they may not need our 2nd rounder?

1 Like

Well it’s already complicated by Wayne Campbell’s public declaration that they want 2x 1st Round picks.

Sheil packaged up with Scully?

Nah, that was just to pi$$ FCFC off (taking into account their private jet)

That’s called pressure tactics.
Part of the dance.

3 Likes

Oh yeah, I’m aware. But equally it provide a point of reference that they potentially have to retreat from. Hard to look like you’ve had a win when you provide such a definitive definition of what that is.

What world is he living in

Same world as Tony Cockstain?

Agree, give them our 2 firsts for 2 of their seconds plus sheil. Any other club i’d say no chance but gws are very generous and really over value first rounders whilst not appearing to have much need for later picks.

McCartney is a jellyfish.
They need Shiel off their books and they will fold. It’s all an act of face saving for them and they want to be seen to be applying pressure.
No way on Earth we give up next years first

7 Likes

I was assuming he was talking about the Geelong Kelly.

3 Likes

Hickey to West Coast for Pick 39

Then we package up those two 2019 seconds to port for their first rounder (they have 3 father sons and need points)… and we are back in the 2019 top 10 picks!

I can dream.

1 Like

Interesting ploy if you’re trying to save face then… giving a point of reference for you to collapse from… They only lose face from this point if they don’t get the 2x 1st rounders, irrespective of what they give back,

I’d be absolutely shocked if we gave up next years round 1 pick. If a player requests a trade to us next year we’ll be totally exposed without that pick. (think Martin).

Another option is to try get GC pick 19 (last pick of round one) by giving them next years round 2 and a player like Dea.

Then pick 9 and 19 to GWS (there’s your two first rounders)

Like the Saints not giving us pick 5 for Carlisle?

1 Like

Plenty of responses indicating a lack of understanding of the word “negotiation”.

4 Likes