Trade Talk 2019: who should we beat our chest like an ape about now?

It’ll be interesting to see how this plays out in the short term. I suspect a general agreement will be reached fairly easily, GWS told him to canvas his options so everyone is likely already aware of what they’re wanting. But it may not be announced for a while, as the specifics may hinge on a few other things we/they are doing.

1 Like

I want to hear more from mr positive, @alex.f.94 and how we’re not going to get Shiel.

23 Likes

October premiers😍

5 Likes

Well done to the club.

Shiel is the biggest name this trade period. We did wonderfully to grab him.

2 Likes

Thoughts

GWS Get:
2018 2nd rounder
2019 first rounder rounder
Laverde or Colyer

Ess get
Shiel
2019 2nd Rounder

1 Like

David Schwarz: “Take it to the bank, Dylan Shiel will land up at Carlton.”

72 Likes

Wont trade next years first rounder.

Seriously guys, Liam Shiels isn’t even that good, I don’t know what you’re all getting so excited about

8 Likes

It’s Dillan Shield

1 Like

Not enough screenshots of talking Carlton and Bigfooty. I want my salty tears damn it!

4 Likes

Has anyone rolled out Mr bean yet?

4 Likes

They don’t care because Dylan Shiel isn’t the answer to their problems and his body will give out in 2 years anyway.

So, exactly what we’d be saying if they got him

1 Like

To be honest pick 8 is correct weight.

He was a pick 5 himself and is now 26.

When you weigh up who we would get at 8 or 9 (Bailey Smith perhaps) Vs What we get out of Sheil for 4-5 years it’s really a toss up.

The unknown of Bailey Smith is balanced by the time left on Sheil.

1 Like

Five hours ago:

Crazy Bomber: “He’s not coming to us”

29 Likes

Damn coming down, I need a new hit!

Right who are we targeting next.

Whats twitter saying about Martin?

3 Likes

This is what I wrote a few days ago. Lots of talking etc, but the real decision happens away and in private where they weigh it all up.

I get the feeling players meet with clubs, check out the set up, talk to the relevant people about the list, their plans for them in the side etc. And they then sit with their manager/those they trust and weigh it all up on who they pick.

Clubs would have a feeling if they are a good chance etc, but once away from the private planes, spongy floors and Elwood macchiatos the players can think it all through without that pressure.

1 Like

BREAKING NEWS: SHIEL REFERS TO CARLTON AS FARK CARLTON TO WIN BOMBERS FANS HEARTS.

28 Likes

Last year in the trade thread, there was discussions about getting shiels.
I said we need to stop talking about Shiels, and start talking about getting Shiel.
Apparently I was dreaming!

1 Like

I never said I knew anything! Never pretended to, never led anyone on or never made up cr*p about pretending to be an insider! I was saying don’t listen to a thousand different fake profiles making up a thousand different trade locks. And yes my GUESS was that he wasn’t coming to us…you know, in the same way when a player lines up for a shot and you say “he’ll miss this” and then he kicks in? surely you can’t be that silly?

4 Likes