Trade Talk

Reckon Benfti is right in the money with some suggestions this year. Want Nakia and Pickett, hopefully our first pick and what we get for Ryder is enough for those 2.
Not particularly interested in Garlett (carlton), would rather go for Wilson (from Norwood) if getting a dedicated small forward. No idea what he'd cost though.

Benfti has a slight habit of overrating players of a particular racial background

Whoa whoa whoa WHOA.
WHOA.

Reading through these pages it appears that there is no interest in 18 year olds - It's all about recycled players. 

Have you read the title of this thread? That might be a clue.

Reading through these pages it appears that there is no interest in 18 year olds - It's all about recycled players.

Which 18 yos are trade possibilities?

Pick 16 will probably be 18. :lol:

Saw this elsewhere, given we're probably going to be bent over for Ryder anyway... Pick 16 (or whatever Ports first is) and Jake Neade for Paddy?  I don't hate it, and think it's probably the best we can hope for.  

Not sure what Port fans would think of that...actually I take that back, they'd hate it ("Pick only!!"), but I think that might be a chance from the clubs perspective.  We'd have to get into Neade's ear...

Pick 16 will probably be 18. :lol:

Apart from Melbourne's pick for Frawley what other picks are likely to be added in? I can't see one happening so I reckon pick 16 will end up no worse than 17

News is that Howlett has had an improved offer from us but still won’t commit and may head to WA.

Sinclair from WCE being sought after by VIC clubs. Is a straight swap fair?

Have you read the title of this thread? That might be a clue.

I've said for years, we should be trading directly with the Calder Cannons football factory. 

Cut out this national draft nonsense.

News is that Howlett has had an improved offer from us but still won't commit and may head to WA.

I had a good hour chat with Benny at the Crichton and am fully aware of his current position. Totally respect his feelings on everything. 

If he goes then I don't honestly blame him. But he really is undecided at the moment. Will be interesting to see what he chooses.

News is that Howlett has had an improved offer from us but still won't commit and may head to WA.

I gad a good hour chat with Benny at the Crichton and am fully aware of his current position. Totally respect his feelings on everything. 

If he goes then I don't honestly blame him. But he really is undecided at the moment. Will be interesting to see what he chooses.

So what was the word from the man himself?

Yes. But Howlett's preference is to go to a vic club of which there are several interested.
If Hird stays, Howlett is likely to as well.

Does that mean we can make this another Hird v Bomber thread  :ph34r:

I gad a good hour chat with Benny at the Crichton and am fully aware of his current position. Totally respect his feelings on everything. 

So what was the word from the man himself?

There's no real word. There's a lot of differing factors he is weighing up. As Fog said I'm sure some his decision will rest on what happens at the club and obviously what the club offers in comparison to the rival offers. If he does decide to leave I hope it's back to a W.A team. But as of Wednesday night he doesn't know what he's doing. I'd love my favourite player to stay!

Howlett's Currency - Pick 30 something?

Dangerfield apparantly at the Westpac center today having a chat

Facebook rumour pages were running with that. Must be true!

Fark I hope he doesn’t go there.

Typical Collingwood.

Lose Beams, gain Dangerfield.

Fark Dangerfield. They should have popped across the road today and picked up The Fijian instead.

Varcoe apparently available. Would like.

Was about to mention Varcoe SAJU. Seems to be linked as a piece in the Mitch Clarke trade, but he would be a pretty decent signing. Hopefully the Chappy link (and depending what happens, Bomber Thompson maybe) can sell the club to him, would add a fair bit to our small goalkickers and also as a burst midfield option.

Varcoe apparently available. Would like.

Crows into him ive heard, been rumoured to wanting to return to SA