Trade Talk

I'm really warming to jeff garlett - mixed reports as to how genuine our interest is. However it wasn't all that long ago that this guy was a high quality small forward - obviously now low on confidence and form.
At the right price could prove a steal.

Would take him before Membrey
I want both
I want neither

I'm really warming to jeff garlett - mixed reports as to how genuine our interest is. However it wasn't all that long ago that this guy was a high quality small forward - obviously now low on confidence and form.

I want both
I want neither

I want it all

I want it all

I want it all

And I want it now

According to Shifter Sheehan this draft is deep for midfield talent, so if we got 2nd round for Howlett I would like to use 1first rounder and our 2nd rounder on midfield players with proven goal kicking ability. Like the idea of trading one first rounder for a tall and best available for third rounder. Hardy should net us third round, could be used for Membrey or Garlett, Kav may also get us third round so we may be able to get both, the only thing stopping us from being active in trade week is our list managements idea that we have a great list with no obvious holes.

Reckon Benfti is right in the money with some suggestions this year. Want Nakia and Pickett, hopefully our first pick and what we get for Ryder is enough for those 2.

Not particularly interested in Garlett (carlton), would rather go for Wilson (from Norwood) if getting a dedicated small forward. No idea what he’d cost though.

Reckon Benfti is right in the money with some suggestions this year. Want Nakia and Pickett, hopefully our first pick and what we get for Ryder is enough for those 2.
Not particularly interested in Garlett (carlton), would rather go for Wilson (from Norwood) if getting a dedicated small forward. No idea what he'd cost though.

Pickett will probably get picked up early in the top 10. Don't think we will get him.

Not particularly interested in Garlett (carlton), would rather go for Wilson (from Norwood) if getting a dedicated small forward. No idea what he'd cost though.

Pickett will probably get picked up early in the top 10. Don't think we will get him.

Would prefer Jarrod Garlett

Benfti has a slight habit of overrating players of a particular racial background

Pickett in particular tested through the roof.

Pickett in particular tested through the roof.

So did Nakia (test well). Looks the type who is built well enough to handle inside midfield and burst away.

In Benfti’s defense, a lot of over rating happens this time of year. I’ll put my hand up.

Are we really shopping Howlett, or is this just speculation on what people want?

Would have thought Howlett provides greater value playing for us, as opposed to what we’d get in trade. Think teams would pay around mid to late 3rd for him.

If right, I think he offers us more than that.

I’d take a second round pick

I want both
I want neither

I want it all

I want it all

I want it all

And I want it now

What an awesome song!!!

With Ryder likely to leave which ruckman on a current AFL list are the Dons recruiters sweet talking?

Luke Lowden seems a reasonable fit, Callum Sinclair maybe?

Mentioned these 2 guys as they have shown some ability to play that Forward/Ruck, Ruck/Forward role obviously not at the level that Paddy can but they could at least fill the role semi adequately.

Gorringe is another looking for a new home but I would prefer Lowden or Sinclair.

Who do you reckon we will net during the trade period to fill the void left by Paddy?

Would be dangerous heading into the draft with only Bellchambers as the only genuine listed ruck.

I feel we need to find one during the trade period and then use another pick in the draft to pick up say a Baulderstone to really shore up our ruck stocks.

Thoughts?

Like Sinclair, doubt he’d be cheap though. Think he just re-signed for a couple of years as well. Don’t know much about Lowden.

Hypothetically.. If Saints offered us pick 1 for Hooker, reckon we would take it?
I realise Hooker wants to stay and we would never do it anyway...but still..

not in a million years
... I would.

(ducks)

In our present situation anyway. Petracca will be pretty ■■■■■■ good and looks ready to go already.

I wouldn't take it for Joe, or Carlisle, or Hepp, but they'd be about the only 3 completely off the table. I wouldn't even do it for pick 2 or 3.

We know we have another trade going to happen and we should aim to get the best tall defender we can even though they will not quite be as good as Hooker. Whether from Port or a 3rd club.
I would only do it if we did it the Hawthorn way.

Gave up two top players for picks 1 and 4, then eventually got one of them back.

I just think if you are going to give up Hooker for pick 1, have you gained anything? You will need to spend the time developing the kid who, if he is a KPP, probably won't come good for another 3-4 years
They got #1, #20 and #36 for Croad and McPharlin. Freo kept #4 and used it on Polac.

With Ryder likely to leave which ruckman on a current AFL list are the Dons recruiters sweet talking?

Luke Lowden seems a reasonable fit, Callum Sinclair maybe?

Mentioned these 2 guys as they have shown some ability to play that Forward/Ruck, Ruck/Forward role obviously not at the level that Paddy can but they could at least fill the role semi adequately.

Gorringe is another looking for a new home but I would prefer Lowden or Sinclair.

Who do you reckon we will net during the trade period to fill the void left by Paddy?

Would be dangerous heading into the draft with only Bellchambers as the only genuine listed ruck.

I feel we need to find one during the trade period and then use another pick in the draft to pick up say a Baulderstone to really shore up our ruck stocks.

Thoughts?

You do realise there are multiple threads discussing rucks, right?

Sam Landsberger from the HS reporting that Kyle Martin has quit from the 'Pies to join his local team ‘Noble Park’.

Bizarre.

Sam Landsberger from the HS reporting that Kyle Martin has quit from the 'Pies to join his local team 'Noble Park'.
Bizarre.

The Buckley effect!

Ok probably not true, but still funny.

I just want Nakia Cocktease at pick 16. I reckon we will get him. This kid got Dangerfield potential written all over him.

He is a must get.

Reading through these pages it appears that there is no interest in 18 year olds - It's all about recycled players.