Trade Discussion 2018 thread #1 - We’re gonna need a bigger boat for the wave pool!

Has Adam Cerra been mentioned in here?

no not yet but would be a good get

In this instance, Myers really is protecting the kid.

1 Like

I appreciate your optimism. But I am not sold on him just yet.

1 Like

There’s quite a few clubs sniffing around him that are.

I can appreciate why people are still reserving judgement on him, he hasn’t done anything significant yet.

He’s just shown flashes of talent at this stage.

I’m basing my judgement on what I have seen him do in the VFL, his skillset and how rapid his development has been for somebody who is still coping with a developing body and competing against more experienced players.

I think we have a game changer on our hands who can influence games from week to week.

2 Likes

Yet McCartney was sacked a week before he left?

$$$$$$$

And Gordon

Yeah, but that doesn’t change my opinion just yet.

This makes me very nervous

Me too.

I’m hoping Kyle forgets how we treated him and decides he’d like to try and build something with his mates. And that we make him a decent offer.

2 Likes

C’mon HAP you’re smarter than that dribble. “A week before he left” - like these things are just decided in a week, deal was done, mind made up, player leaving, long before the week even started.

1 Like

While that sounds interesting and I know you 'Boot, is there any real evidence of that or just people saying it?

Young talented player OOC, other clubs sniffing around.

Hardly surprising

I don’t believe he’s been treated poorly at all. Last year the returning players were always going to get precedence and he still needed further midfield development anyway.

This year he got dropped when he was close to our worst mid in the Freo game, Stringer likely was but was getting a bit more leeway.

Langford got opportunity again in the end by pushing past Parish and now with injuries to Zaka and Parish he should firmly establish himself for rest of year & hopefully ongoing.

1 Like

I wonder if they’re intending to play him as a mid or a forward.

Oh it’s real IT.

1 Like

The fact that Hirdy is most excited about Langford and rates him as our best young player shows he has talent. Plus Jobe gave him the 4.
And he does seem to have a bit of the slow down time/space, good decision making has good delivery by foot, can play up forward as well and kick a goal.
We just need him to get more of the pill in the middle. He is a bigger body and better disposal than Parish and can kick a goal.
I wasn’t sold on him last year, but every game he continues to play this year, he just seems to show something where you go gee that was a good bit of play, or he opened the game up there, or that was good vision.

If he is racking up 30 disposals a game in a year or two he could be a very damaging player.
He has more footy smarts, than brute force and attack on the footy though. I guess you would say more James Hird in the middle than a Selwood or a vossy. Doesnt have breakaway pace of a Danger or Dusty.

And it also gives us a good mix now that stringer has come along to be the burst strong inside mid player.

1 Like

Hird gave Stanton 5, didn’t make the fans like him.

1 Like

I don’t know about all of them HM, but the main sniffer definitely sees him as a mid.

1 Like

Boot I assume Blues likely would still be frothing him since they wanted him at draft time

And they have clear need to get help in their midfield

Rabble however! Fark Carlton