Trade Discussion 2018 thread #1 - We’re gonna need a bigger boat for the wave pool!

I thought Preuss maybe, but will having him in the list stunt the growth of Draper and Lav?

He’d be a great pick up, but there are teams in Melbourne who would guarantee him a spot in their best 22, in our team he’d be in competition with Bellchambers - who would have seniority.

1 Like

■■■.

Dom Tyson and Gaff while keeping our 1st round pick would be the second best trade period in our history. I know last year set a ridiculously high bar but a trade period where we improve our midfield with 2 x best 22 players and have future hope would be epic.

6 Likes

Why would Long or Jerrett be on more than minimum rookie wages? Green was a DFA, I can’t imagine he’d be much above rookie wages either.

Based on the info in the J. Stewart thread, I suspect they’re probably all on much lower figures than you think (the players and the draftees).

Like the punch you never see coming…

Best trade is and will always be the deal that got us the Danihers; deal with Freo that got us Lloyd is 2nd. SSS is 3rd. If we get Gaff and one of Shiel/Beams it’ll still only be 3rd.

1 Like

If Gaff nominates us then unless we finish much further up the table then WCE will match and we’ll need to use our first anyway.

Depends how big the contract is, they may not have a lot left in the kitty after re-signing McGovern and they need to re-sign Lycett - who’ll get overs because of NN’s injury.

They wouldn’t be. Long and Jerrett would be on a bag of peanuts between them, and Green probably has a bag to himself. Probably somewhere around the 400k mark would cover all 3.

1 Like

Wait, they were born on the same day in the same town?

1 Like

was the nipple legit or photoshopped?

1 Like

I saw that too, I thought it was a glitch, apparently not

You’ll have to ask Hep about the nipple. His torso.

Will no club statement mean anything if media start talking up another Essendon trade?

I still have my eyes set on Kelly, Merrett made comment not so long ago and he’s indicated he’s out the door after his contract. He also is the better player by a fair margin when comparing against Shiel.
Shiel only recently said he has no intention of leaving and that kind of attitude is exactly what GWS need.

For Kelly, I’d go down the path of offering up our first, a second and one or two of Dea, Ambrose, Hartley or Laverde. Also to help their Cap, pay out Kelly and pay out the players we decide to trade to them so they can sign the Shiels, Hoppers and Taranto’s who will start asking for more money or trade.

That brain transplant didn’t go too well did it.

8 Likes

Do you think your a good bloke?

• You’re
7 Likes

And that was after an edit.

2 Likes

Whoops :drooling_face: